Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When is the best time to sack a manager?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lammy said:
It strikes me that whenever you call for a manager's head someone will always pipe up "It will be worse if we sack him now".

Well when is the best time to sack a manager?

As soon as possible? But this is not always feasible as any manager will need a chance to 'gel' with his players and the players need time to get used to the new ways.

Late in the season when it seems that all hope is lost? Is it better to get someone new in to work with the team in a competative atmosphere in preparation for the next season. Pre-season is really waste of time.

Or should managers NEVER be sacked?

Today would be good in Magoo's case! :nono:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I hopefully will be on saturday as heading down to Crewe i expect a full 3 points for the Albion against the Worst team in the division.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
McGhee is not a miracle worker, I'm convinced that if we stay with him long term, we'll do well.

I say again, stick with McGhee, even when we get relegated

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt do watford any harm with about 5 games to go.

And in the summer they spent £1.5 million WISELY from the sale of Helgusson or whatever his name was to Fulham.

I know wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
After the 6 March please, I'd like to see Ernest discussing his Ars with McGhee

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Didnt do watford any harm with about 5 games to go.

And in the summer they spent £1.5 million WISELY from the sale of Helgusson or whatever his name was to Fulham.

I know wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla:

Where are we going to get £1.5 million from? We sold £2 million of players in the summer but that has to go towards Falmer (you know so the club has a future). You really do live on a different planet.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Everyone forgets though that we are playing Crewe the WORST team in the divison by 6 points, 6 points!!!!!

3 points easy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:
Everyone forgets though that we are playing Crewe the WORST team in the divison by 6 points, 6 points!!!!!

3 points easy.

Last away win was october :nono: :nono: :nono:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Finchley Seagull said:
Where are we going to get £1.5 million from? We sold £2 million of players in the summer but that has to go towards Falmer (you know so the club has a future). You really do live on a different planet.

Wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
munster monch said:
After the 6 March please, I'd like to see Ernest discussing his Ars with McGhee

I'd like to see him do on the 6th March at the dinner.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
When you lose 1-0 to Watford!!!

Well it was good enough for Hinshelwood

:wave: :wave: :wave:

D

Deleted member 2719

He must go now.

Can we get a new manager " one for the future".

:shit:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Finchley Seagull said:
I am sorry to bore you but these are inescapable facts which mean we struggle to compete in the Championship.

Anyway you are always on about Turienzo.

No Im not. But I bet MM would be the first to admit he made a mistake signing him.

And I do believe that he is allowed to make mistakes as all managers do.

With hindsight he wouldnt have signed him im sure...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
No Im not. But I bet MM would be the first to admit he made a mistake signing him.

And I do believe that he is allowed to make mistakes as all managers do.

With hindsight he wouldnt have signed him im sure...

I am sure he would admit it was a mistake. However, my point is that people go on about Turienzo but when I say about the financial problems we are facing I am accused of going on.

When criticising McGhee all I am asking is that people are realistic about the financial situation we find ourselves in compared to even relatively low spenders like Watford.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There have actually been half-a-dozen studies done on the topic, by school-of-business administration and management types. (They're using the relatively small, and comprehensively documented, world of football as a test case for some general theorizing.)

Universal conclusion -- sacking your manager mid-season does not correlate with improvement in team performance. Data comes from twenty-year time slices of top dvision Dutch and English football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here