Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When/IF We Are Relegated...

Oct 25, 2003
I think Russell will be one of those CULT HERO managers. There is just something about the way he looks, the way he sounds, the things he does that just make him instantly likeable. I was unsure last week because I didn't really know a lot about him but he's completely won me over in the last two games. I think Dick Knight only gave him a couple of months because he wasn't first choice and he wasn't really sure how good Russell would be, but I think Dick is now going to be extremely unpopular if he removes him.

i LOVE his interviews

i think he has the potential to do a bit of a keeganesque rant at some point

Oct 25, 2003
I love the way he always sounds SURPRISED and overly ENTHUSIASTIC.

He definitely wears his heart on his sleeve so with a bit of luck we may get some Keegan moments soon. He knows Saturday is a massive match so I'm hoping he'll be suited, capped, and barking like a seal on the sidelines.

he needs to whip out the shorts, jumper and cap soon i feel

First impressions are important and I think the majority like what they see and hear.

He has a really uphill struggle keeping us up and if he achieves that then the Board should be sacked if they changed him.

If we go down but go down fighting, I would be surprised if he was changed assuming he wanted to stay. If we went down with a wimper (which I hope and think is unlikely) then the fans will have turned on him and he will want to go.

I have a funny feeling that by a slice of fortune it may be we have a really good find but the next couple of months will tell.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
We should designate one game a "Slade Saturday"

Everyone turning up in either shorts and cap or suit and filofax. As he walks onto the pitch he should salute the fans with his magical clenched fist and all the fans should salute back!!

great idea! and we can all wear jady goody swimming hats!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The way he speaks with enthusiasm and the faults that he has seen is much in line with my views so although I think MA should have stayed to the end of the season I will back RS 100%. I believe that we will beat Stockport in the last game of the season to stay up and keep them out of the play offs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We should designate one game a "Slade Saturday"

Everyone turning up in either shorts and cap or suit and filofax. As he walks onto the pitch he should salute the fans with his magical clenched fist and all the fans should salute back!!

:flameboun

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Both views expressed in this thread are ridiculously wrong...

Can an opinion be wrong?

At least we actually saw Slade out of his dugout, giving instructions, unlike Micky. He got really annoyed when Heath mis-kicked it once and was ordering Owusu to get back (and seconds later the ball went there) I think hes really up for this job and the impressions his interviews have given have seemed like he really wants to work us hard and get the most out of the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here