Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When does the Errea contract run out?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You are

safc.jpg

One assumes thesponsor, whoever they are, don't pay to be on the shirt.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
A few on here have said they are happy with Errea supplying bespoke kits but how many top teams actually where their brand?

Norwich in the Premiership, but I think most of their UK clients tend to be Championship and below. In Other countries they are quite well used, Italy epsecially, and I tihnk there are a few international teams that use their kit.

Atalanta
C_1_ATA210-37787_BIANCA.jpg
C_1_ATA200-25687_NEROAZZURRA.jpg

Nantes
315850-160-136.jpg
315840-160-136.jpg

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
My mate does the Nike kits for all the English teams (marketing/recruitment side of it). He tried to get us 18 months ago but Mr Bloom said Errea are on a very long term deal (I think he said it had about 7 years left, so around 5 or so remaining).

Instead he ended up taking on Palace and Charlton :lolol:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Tiger Woods wears Nike, and he is good (or at least he was)

Perhaps there is something in this (or perhaps there isn't)

That is just mad!

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Umbro are now a brand of Nike - not long before you start to see the Nike swoosh on the England kit for sure. Working in the replica kit market (all be it cricket) I would strongly guard against going with any of the big two adidas and nike, if guys are complaining about the small increase in pies and beer - you wait until you get asked to pay £50 - £60 for a replica shirt from these two!!!! I think the Errea brand compliments our club and the current shirt (home) is one of the best in the last 10years imo.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
There are a number of comments here regarding quality and percieved quality of shirts, both ours and other brands. I do get my hands on all sorts on a regular basis and one thing for sure, there are no guarantees when you go to the bigger names. For what it's worth here are a few of my own thoughts about shirts I have, or have had, please note, these are my opinions.

The recent/current Puma shirts are nothing special at all, in fact our current shirt quality and fabric is nicer.

Nike & Umbro (same company) shirts vary. The shirts the players wear are different to the replica shirts. Also the shirt fabrics vary from team to team, some are spot on (England, Man City), and some are really much poorer quality fabrics.

Adidas, much like Nike and Umbro, players kits are different to replicas. Again, some are identikit and some are bespoke. I tend to think that Adidas kits are better quality accross the board, whether bespoke or identikit.

Joma, I really like these shirts, good quality fabric, well made, all tend to be the same standard, whether players/replica or lower league identikit.

Macron, not bad at all, much the same as Joma.

Jako, varies, some are nice, well made and good fabrics, some can be a bit on the cheap side.

Errea, they have made some really good shirts from quality fabrics over the years, we have not always used them, but now we seem to use their top specification.

There is no difference between the replica Brighton shirts and the Players shirts. The issues with Brighton shirts falling apart seems odd to me. The only shirt I had any problem with was the 'Argentina' shirt, with the sponsor logos, other than that I've had little if any issues with stitching, or badges coming off etc.

The process of heat pressing sponsors logos, teambadges, league patches etc is commonplace now, pretty much all the Premier league teams do it now, as well as most teams elsewhere. I do know that there has been widespread critisism, not just regarding Brighton/Errea, by fans all over. The manufaturers have answered by saying that shirts should never be tumble dried, and should not be put in hot washes, and they should not be ironed. This is not a uniquely Errea thing, it's been the same with other manufacturers. I must confess, again, it's not somthing I've had too many problems with.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I would be interested to see another "alternative" company do our shirts. I think Liverpools new home kit, made by Warrior, looks truly amazing (their other two admittedly are total abortions), Under Armour have made a lovely looking Spurs shirt, and I seem to remember Canterbury's Pompey effort being visually stunning (shame about the team). Maybe someone like those could fit the bill.

Here's a fairly sensible question for you though: What colour blue would you prefer for the blue stripes?? I think the current blue looks amazing, I wasn't so keen on the lighter blues of the past few years.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I would be interested to see another "alternative" company do our shirts. I think Liverpools new home kit, made by Warrior, looks truly amazing (their other two admittedly are total abortions), Under Armour have made a lovely looking Spurs shirt, and I seem to remember Canterbury's Pompey effort being visually stunning (shame about the team). Maybe someone like those could fit the bill.

Here's a fairly sensible question for you though: What colour blue would you prefer for the blue stripes?? I think the current blue looks amazing, I wasn't so keen on the lighter blues of the past few years.

I had a new Liverpool Warrior shirt a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, very good it was too, really nice fabric ( a lot like the current England shirt fabric) and looked to be very well made.

As for the colour, makes no odds to me, I'm colourblind, blue's blue for me, so long as it's not like the Argentina shirt, or like a WBA shirt.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Umbro are now a brand of Nike - not long before you start to see the Nike swoosh on the England kit for sure. Working in the replica kit market (all be it cricket) I would strongly guard against going with any of the big two adidas and nike, if guys are complaining about the small increase in pies and beer - you wait until you get asked to pay £50 - £60 for a replica shirt from these two!!!! I think the Errea brand compliments our club and the current shirt (home) is one of the best in the last 10years imo.

Last I heard Nike are getting rid of Umbro

out of interest how did you get into the replica kit market? what kind of work do you do?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I had a new Liverpool Warrior shirt a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, very good it was too, really nice fabric ( a lot like the current England shirt fabric) and looked to be very well made.

As for the colour, makes no odds to me, I'm colourblind, blue's blue for me, so long as it's not like the Argentina shirt, or like a WBA shirt.

The Liverpool home shirt looks, on TV, to have gone back to a "classic" Liverpool red of the 70's and early 80's (looks slightly darker IMO). I think they could be a fantastic alternative and they look to be quite a unique bunch of designers there.

Another consideration, could we see a move away from the traditional stripes? I wouldn't be disappointed to see a shirt similar to the type of shirts we wore most of the 80's

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I bought an affordable top when I was in Spain.
Personally prefer to wear it when i'm playing sports than my albion tops , fits me better and the fabric feels nicer.
And the top is . . . Real Sporting de Gijon.
Made by Kappa.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Errea have upped their game considerably its fair to say. Gone are the fall apart in the wash or iron on transfer jobbies (3rd kit not incl)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here