Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did you start supporting the Albion?

When did you start following the Albion

• Total voters

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
17 January 1970. Alan Duffy's debut in a 2 - 1 win against Bradford City. Stood on my dad's tool box (still got it) in the North West corner under the floodlight and didn't miss a home Saturday game for at least the next 2 seasons. 40th anniversary of that day is looming......

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
the 1999/2000 season my school had some players come over and i put like 2 past mark walton lol then they gave us some tickets to go watch a game and ive been hooked ever since

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
My first game was Portsmouth at home in October '83, followed by Oldham then the televised FA Cup game against Liverpool which we won 2-0, I was hooked after that, a Goldstone regular up until 1989, then circumstances took me away to Devon :(

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
First live football match I attended was Brighton V Fulham, Pre-season in August 2007, at 16 years old.

So this is only the third season for me supporting the Albion, and have clocked up 58 games so far :lol:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
1976, at the very beginning of what turned out to be the stupendous Mullery era ...

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Must confess I struggle to see how anyone could get enthusiastic about continually going to watch a team that play shit football and hardly win at League 1 or below. I'm guessing that a large proportion of our fans started watching during the Glory Years, the Nelson era, the Double Championship seasons or the Coppell/McGhee years

Think you need to go WAAAYYYY back from there for some of us .. ME. August 1966.. V Millwall .

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Possibly the worst poll I have seen on here. Pre Clough is from 1900ish to 1974 and the next 35 years are split in to four fantastic high periods in our history. I don't think any of us choose when we start following the club; it's a mixture of family influence and accident of birth date...

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
1987 or 1988 - 1st game 2-2 draw with Plymouth, Nelson scoring two late goals. Hooked since then, especially after games against Leeds and Man City!!! I notice that most of the WHINGERS on NSC seem to have started supporting us in the last 10 years or so... No memory of Jimmy Case managing the team would make you think the current situation is shit. It could be ALOT worse....

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
My granddad took me to see my first game in 1966, when I was six, a 2-2 draw with Swindon. Have been hooked ever since.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Because it's the town in which I was born and I can't stand glory hunters. 1963.
:clap:
Ever since my Dad took me back in '72. My eyes had been turned by the dandies of Chelsea at school but as soon as the old man took me to a real game at the Goldstone, just around the corner from where I was born, I was hooked and have been ever since. To this day smelling pipe tobacco reminds me of those days in the West Stand seats.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Possibly the worst poll I have seen on here. Pre Clough is from 1900ish to 1974 and the next 35 years are split in to four fantastic high periods in our history. I don't think any of us choose when we start following the club; it's a mixture of family influence and accident of birth date...
:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
First game I saw at the Goldstone was Wardys hatrick for the under-21s so 1977 I think... memory is shit and cant remember if I started going straight after or not but remember clearly the Hull game at home shortly after.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
1968 - Dad took me to my first game....Northampton at home (1-1). Parents eventually allowed me to go to an away game on my own in 75/76 at Selhurst - we lost 3-0!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
First game was v Northampton in 1972 - 2-2 draw if I remember rightly. Started going regularly in about 75. Hope to be able to look back in 10 years and see this as the beginning of the SGE (second glory era ...).

Well, it works for me :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here