Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did we have a season worse than this for injuries?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Have we ever had a season worse than this for player injuries?
We've lost 3 permanetly (Blackwell,Rodger & Piercey)
Both 1st team keepers won't play again this season
Watson has been out most of season,comes back,gets injured again.
Oatway missed a few with his back
Carpenter was out for the 1st month.
I cant recall a season like it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's strange, but when you're down the bottom it frequently works out like that.

I remember there was a decent winning spell under Micky Adams and we had the same team, or only one change, for about 12 games in a row.

At least McGhee's not the Harry Redknapp type, blaming everything on injuries and threadbare squads. 'Arry wouldn't know a threadbare squad if he walked into Tesco's tomorrow and they were on 2 for 1.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we've been luckier than most teams with injuries to 1st team players. It just hits us harder than other teams as we have such a small squad. Blackwell and Rodger were always iffy and had already been out for nearly a full season. I'd rather look at it as an opportunity grabbed by the youngsters to break into the first team?

Kuipers injury though, with Roberts already crocked was the worst possible one that we could have got at this stage of the season.

I have faith that McGhee will find another gem. Just worried at how many points we'll lose whilst the new keeper beds in.

I reckon we should be grateful we've got an 8 point gap, I think we're gonna need it.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Uncle Buck said:
Have to say that has not really been noticed.

I've got a feeling that McPhee could be the solution for the 'big man upfront' problem we have, when he gets back into match fitness.

It looked like he had gained a lot of strength when he played at Watford.

You forgot to mention Adam El Abd's ankle injury as well!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here