Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did soccer AM turn into total dog shit?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I used to quite enjoy the programme in the late nineties and early 2000's, but for whatever reason gradually stopped watching. I have just been watching the supposed best bits from this week to kill some time, and it is bloody awful.

Has the programme gradually degenerated or did it become woeful over night?

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I think it started to go off the boil towards the end of Lovejoys spell. It started to believe its own hype and gradually got worse and worse. It is now truly painful viewing.

Stopped watching years ago, and oddly I watched Saturday's for the first time for ages and it is total pony.

Chamberlin would still get it though.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
It was always wank. Dickhead format for dickhead nu-football fans.

But they are not totally to blame, Baddiel & Skinner as just as guilty.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
They've never really changed the format ( a bit here and there, but nothing radical ) it has gone past its sell by date!

Will always have a hard spot for Hels Bels, ever since she was outside the old West Stand protesting against Archer!!!!

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
"The hardest thing about leaving *Soccer AM, is the thought that I might no longer be influencing the game."

:lolol:

Its atrocious stuff, i think most people would rather watch a myriad of overpaid TV chefs burning some crepe suzettes on Saturday morning kitchen then this twaddle.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
"The hardest thing about leaving *Soccer AM, is the thought that I might no longer be influencing the game."

Unfortuately I can see him saying something like that!!!

Never trust a man that changes his Football team!!!! IMO the first commandment..

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Agree with everyone on this , it has become painful too watch, sky plus it on Saturday and fast forward through it on a Monday night only really enjoy frankie fryer on his I do love playing away each week rest is pants . Noel gallagher was good on it a few weeks back though .

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
They've never really changed the format ( a bit here and there, but nothing radical ) it has gone past its sell by date!

Will always have a hard spot for Hels Bels, ever since she was outside the old West Stand protesting against Archer!!!!

I got a kiss from Hels Bels that day outside the Old West Stand. But back on topic Soccer Am has run its course since Lovejoy left.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
When Lovejoy left, as has been stated. It just doesn't work without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here