Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did 65,000 last see Brighton win?

Tallulah Gosh

Dec 4, 2003
Brighton
I was just daydreaming about Sunday (again) and wondered when the last time 65,000 watched Brighton win? The biggest Brighton crowds I've been in are the Wembley games and the semi final but they were either less than 65000 or not victories.

For a bonus point when was the last time 30,000 Brighton fans got to see us win?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was among the 32036 that saw us beat Reading in 1970:clap2:

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
My Dad has always talked with a tear in his eye about the 36000 at the Goldstone in the 50's when we played Fulham, Johnny Haynes et al. Crowd was so big that he and the other schoolboys were taken down to sit on the touchline under the linesmans feet!

He said on sunday that he now has an ever greater memory!!!

SEEEEEEAGUULS!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So it does appear to be the case that Sunday was the biggest crowd to see an Albion win - unless the 1910 charity shield was watched by more. Can anyone confirm (Tim Carder) ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Simster said:
So it does appear to be the case that Sunday was the biggest crowd to see an Albion win - unless the 1910 charity shield was watched by more. Can anyone confirm (Tim Carder) ?

AND I WAS THERE!!

:clap2:

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
My first ever football match that one Jambo great day out, your right the odd Spurs fan there some decided to come on the pitch I seem to remember and there seemed like a constant punch up going on in the North stand throughout the game.

Also a vauge memory of the Clock tower being covered in Spurs scarfs that morning after a busy Friday night for the Old Bill in Brighton town centre.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
SM BHAFC said:
My first ever football match that one Jambo great day out, your right the odd Spurs fan there some decided to come on the pitch I seem to remember and there seemed like a constant punch up going on in the North stand throughout the game.

There were fights kicking off all over the ground! It was not a pleasant weekend.

Going back to the original post. I doubt very much if a higher crowd has seen us win.

I think there were 58,000 for the semi at Highbury.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
everytime i watch the video of sunday and see that sea of blue and white celebrating it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
I'm sure I was at a game in the old 2nd div when we played Blackpool in front of 30,000 +. Spurs and Soton played and dreww 0-0 which meant they were both promoted and we stayed down....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
13,000 at Charity Shield [Stamford Bridge]5/9/1910

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
pompeydel said:
I'm sure I was at a game in the old 2nd div when we played Blackpool in front of 30,000 +. Spurs and Soton played and dreww 0-0 which meant they were both promoted and we stayed down....

You were.

We had a few 30,000 + in the old 2nd Div (ie the division we have just been promoted to).

Strangely enough we never had a 30,000 + crowd in the top division.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was in the 48,000 at White hart Lane in 77.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here