Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When can we start the new Sherlock thread?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You appear to be strangely attracted to social misfits with no sense of empathy for the human condition?

Is this what Reigate has done to you?

Nothing strange about it, TLO. I do believe we're BOTH guilty of this, in the form of other social media. You know what I mean. :wink:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed by last nights episode, it didn't seem to flow very well and kept flicking from one thing to another. Don't get me wrong, it's still MILES better than anything else on TV at the moment but I don't think it's as good as the last series.

Yup, I didn't much enjoy last nights episode, not as good as the previous ones. Still the best BBC1 program, but then I don't watch anything else on BBC1 as I think the remainder of their output is basically appalling.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
It was my first Sherlock last night and I thought it was stunning. Have bought series 1 and 2 from the Beeb shop which shall be deliverd soon.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Just looking at this. Do I go with the American version or start off with the original Scandinavian one? (Then if people talk about it I can go oh ya but the original subtitled one is so much better than the crude souless USA version)

There is a British and French version which looked alright but the original was superb. For my money one of the best shows on TV last year ( along with The Returned, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed by last nights episode, it didn't seem to flow very well and kept flicking from one thing to another. Don't get me wrong, it's still MILES better than anything else on TV at the moment but I don't think it's as good as the last series.

I agree - I got a bit fed up with the sentimentality, as well as the lack of flow. I also think that the friendship between Holmes and Watson is never properly illustrated or justified - we hear a lot about how much they love and respect each other etc etc but in practice there's little to base those feelings on, in the script.

But despite all that the production is stunning, the scripts far better than most dramas, and it's very watchable.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bloody good!

When is it back?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent episode, came back strongly after the wedding mish mash. Did not expect the Mary Watson issue to be dealt with so soon and a fantastic ending to get rid of nasty Mr. Magnusson.
The moment he said that there was " No Vault, it's all in my head " he had sealed his death warrant as when he dies, all his influences and blackmail dies with him and can't be backed up without a paper trail. As for the return of Moriarty, yes we did " Miss " you. great to have him back, hopefully a new series in 18 months to 2 years !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Andrew Scott's Moriarty is one of my favourite ever villains so I was bloody delighted when that screen went fuzzy - I immediately knew it meant he was BACK. Sherlock NEEDS him.

As with many other of the other episodes it is worth a "Wiki" to see how much of the original Conan Doyle story is recycled and updated (in yesterday's episode more than I had imagined). The trainspotter within me was overjoyed to see that Leinster Gardens got featured. I love the Sherlock /Mycroft verbal jousting, like naughty schoolboys when caught smoking by their dear old mum.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was delighted by the episode and indeed the ending. Sherlock needs Moriaty like Batman needs the Joker

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very good episode. Back on form. Pity 'twas the last we'll see of it for some time I imagine. Noticed the little line about moving to a cottage on the Sussex Downs and beekeeping which is indeed what the literary Holmes retired to do, which is going to be in the new film with Ian McKellan.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very good episode. Back on form. Pity 'twas the last we'll see of it for some time I imagine.

S4 is definitely on the way, and S5 is being planned out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here