Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When can we judge?

I think that we will get a clear indication of what sort of season we can expect after we play Peterborough. Saturday's game against Blackpool will be our toughest test yet. It is vital that we come away from tonight's game with at least one point. Your views please.

Last edited:

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I think that we will get a clear indication what sort of season we can expect after we play Peterborough. Saturday's game against Blackpool will be our toughest test yet. It is vital that we come away from tonight's game with at least one point. Your views please.

Im not too sure Blackpool will be our toughest. I watched their game against Hull on the opening Friday and thought both teams looked poor. I think Cardiff away will be a much harder game, theyre one of the most consistant in this league.

Having said that i think after the Peterborough game it will be a fair time to look back to see how weve coped, where we can improve etc

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
When the transfer window closes, I would say. By then we will have seen a good few games and we will know what players we have coming in, barring loanees.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Don't think anything is vital at this early stage in the season, and if we come away with a point tonight I'll be ecstatic. Not sure we will though.

I agree that once we've played Posh we will probably have played a rough cross-section of the league so will have a fair idea of what to expect.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think that we will get a clear indication what sort of season we can expect after we play Peterborough. Saturday's game against Blackpool will be our toughest test yet. It is vital that we come away from tonight's game with at least one point. Your views please.

Can you explain how it is vital that we come away from tonight's game with at least a point? Having won two out of two, losing one of the potentially hardest games of the season is hardly a disaster.

In answer to your question, I would normally say after 10 games but I think tonight and Saturday will give us a good idea of how good we are. If we get four or six points, then we could start to believe we might be a real force in this division. However, if we get 0 or 1, it will be a reality check and probably show mid table is what we are looking at.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think that we will get a clear indication of what sort of season we can expect after we play Peterborough. Saturday's game against Blackpool will be our toughest test yet. It is vital that we come away from tonight's game with at least one point. Your views please.

Vital? What, in order to stave off relegation? Or to keep ourselves within the promotion hunt?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'd be happy with a point tonight as I think it's going to be one hell of a test for us. We're going to have to take each game as it comes and see how we fair come January. Hopefully we'll be in a comfortable position and we can start to look to build.

I happen to think tonight's game will be tougher. After Peterborough, we will still not have played the two hot FAV's. West Ham and Leicester.

However, if we can grind out results against the others, we don't need to worry about the others.

Does anyone need reminding that our closest rivals last season were Hudds and SCC, and over four games we managed the grand total of 1 point from them, but still won the league by a mile!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A few managers say 12 games, that sounds about right. Anything tonight would be a bonus, it's more important not to drop more than a couple of points against Blackpool and Peterboro at home.

Don't think anything is vital at this early stage in the season, and if we come away with a point tonight I'll be ecstatic. Not sure we will though.

I agree that once we've played Posh we will probably have played a rough cross-section of the league so will have a fair idea of what to expect.

I thinks it's vital to get at least a point tonight judging on last night's results. Southampton have already set out their stall, West Ham, whom I expect to win the Championship, won, Leeds got their act together and Palace won. Cardiff are expected to get into the play offs so if we can hold them to at least a draw it will prove that we are worthy of being in this division.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nothing is vital in your third league game of the season and we should expect to lose this one based on relative form/history/strength which means that a point would be fantastic. However, I love Gus' attitude that we go to play our game and to win so I shall be travelling in hope tonight - I figure it'll either be a naughty 1-0 to us or a 3-0 stroll in the park for them.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I thinks it's vital to get at least a point tonight judging on last night's results. Southampton have already set out their stall, West Ham, whom I expect to win the Championship, won, Leeds got their act together and Palace won. Cardiff are expected to get into the play offs so if we can hold them to at least a draw it will prove that we are worthy of being in this division.

What and if we loose to them then were not worthy of being in the division???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I happen to think tonight's game will be tougher. After Peterborough, we will still not have played the two hot FAV's. West Ham and Leicester.

However, if we can grind out results against the others, we don't need to worry about the others.

Does anyone need reminding that our closest rivals last season were Hudds and SCC, and over four games we managed the grand total of 1 point from them, but still won the league by a mile!

I had a look at the table for last season after 4 games (August) and Sheff Wed were top by miles with 10 points whereas we had only managed 7 points.
I would say wait until the end of October before judging our season.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

:facepalm:

If we lose tonight, we still have 2 points per game, which is promotion form.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Certainly not until window has closed as much to see what others have as well as us - then I reckon a dozen games under the belt - see how we do against the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich. No panic if we come away with zip tonight - we've a lot to learn in this league

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If we get another 6 points from :
Cardiff(a)
Blackpool(h)
Peterborough(h)
Bristol City(a)

Then it will be a good start. The players will be learning and improving, and who knows, we may then go to Leicester and spring a surprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here