Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When are the seats going in at Falmer?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the risk of being fixtured out of town or laughed out of town as the village idiot who knows nothing, can anyone enlighten me as to when this, to me, exciting event will start. How long will it take to get them all in once it starts is my supplementary question

In fact, unbelievably and going against the grain no doubt, I think that this is more exciting than the launch of Ipad 2

*waitsinanticipation*

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
At the risk of being fixtured out of town or laughed out of town as the village idiot who knows nothing, can anyone enlighten me as to when this, to me, exciting event will start. How long will it take to get them all in once it starts is my supplementary question

In fact, unbelievably, I think that this is more exciting that the launch of Ipad 2

*waitsinanticipation*

Want me to delete it then? :laugh:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok I will answer the question......the seats will go in BEFORE the first game is played......any help? :laugh:

Is your job interview for standup? You'll walk it :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That person who works there that occasionaly posts on here said that they will commence in the next 2 weeks. He said this early last week I think.

The timescale and colour I don't think I've seen anyone in the know about this

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That person who works there that occasionaly posts on here said that they will commence in the next 2 weeks. He said this early last week I think.

The timescale and colour I don't think I've seen anyone in the know about this

I'll be waiting for someone to text in that they are following a lorry with hundreds of seats onboard Brighton bound then, as I guess once they arrive they'll put them staright in.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I don't know he timescales, but (sadly) watching the web cam, bars have been attached to the tiered terracing. After studying the seats at MK's Moucamp on Saturday, the next step will be to attach the seating to this bar.

I imagine they could do this quickly and may perhaps wait until all the big stuff if finshed to save damaging them.

I will keep watching the grass growing and seats going in, do you think are ancestors were as obsessed with the building of the Goldstone...

Lobster Vision from Lobster Pictures

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Ive just got back from my presentation and seat choosing and they said the seats arent being put in until theyve finished building in May!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe they won't bother, will put in some crush barriers:dance:..... and it will become an 'all terrace' stadium:banana::banana::banana::banana:

A 60,000 Capacity all terrace stadium!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'll be waiting for someone to text in that they are following a lorry with hundreds of seats onboard Brighton bound then, as I guess once they arrive they'll put them staright in.

That has reminded me of the day Jack Straw was told about the arch being seen heading down the M23 and he shot out immediately and got snaps of it on the way to Falmer. Great stuff :smile:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I've just been reliably informed that the chairs are ready for the 1901 members

DSC00937.JPG

Last edited:

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Ive just got back from my presentation and seat choosing and they said the seats arent being put in until theyve finished building in May!!!

I went to my presentation this morning and when I enquired about when the seats were being put in the sales guy said in the next two weeks.
The sign off date for the stadium is 31st May, I presume the seats will be in there before this date otherwise you'll have to bring your own seat along come August

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I went to my presentation this morning and when I enquired about when the seats were being put in the sales guy said in the next two weeks.
The sign off date for the stadium is 31st May, I presume the seats will be in there before this date otherwise you'll have to bring your own seat along come August

I must of got the wrong end of the stick. He said the builders finish in May then they move in with the seats and computers. Perhaps he meant his seats in the offices and i was just being a right tard

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I must of got the wrong end of the stick. He said the builders finish in May then they move in with the seats and computers. Perhaps he meant his seats in the offices and i was just being a right tard

Either that or the 1901ers are getting a SNES each, in the back of the seat infront. Man I wish I'd paid that extra couple of hundred.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here