Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your record lowest crowds

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There was a game in the Simod cup i think. We lost 5-0 at home. I stood in the north and there can't have been more than a couple of thousand there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
1,025, actually. Our lowest attendance, EVER.

The most exciting part of the night was watching the fireworks going off behind the away stand.

No it wasn't. It was finding my car still had all 4 wheels on it after the game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There was a game in the Simod cup i think. We lost 5-0 at home. I stood in the north and there can't have been more than a couple of thousand there.

Notts County I think with Micky Vintner (sp) scoring most of them.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not strictly related to this thread, but 83 3rd round replay at Newcastle.. I reckon there were no more than fifty of us,.... longest coach journey ever.... good result... Wardy winner...I think.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Notts County I think with Micky Vintner (sp) scoring most of them.

Mmm if this the one you are thinking of, we lost 1-5, but that was in the latter rounds, Feb / March time I believe?? It was the year we went up (88) and we had the last laugh beating them to 2nd on the last day.

If my memory serves me rightly, I think there were about 9,000 at that Simod Cup game??

Edit: just looked it up, Sherpa Vans area semi-final, 9 March 1988, Att: 8,499

Last edited:

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Probably against some tinpot side in the Paint Pot at Withdean. Can't be bothered to look through the records!
2nd Round of the Johnstones Paint Pot vs Barnet at home in 2007 - Attendance 1,995
Brighton won 2-1 Cox and Robinson scored

Away - Hartlepool FA Cup Second Round Replay 116 Albion Fans

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mmm if this the one you are thinking of, we lost 1-5, but that was in the latter rounds, Feb / March time I believe?? It was the year we went up (88) and we had the last laugh beating them to 2nd on the last day.

If my memory serves me rightly, I think there were about 9,000 at that Simod Cup game??

Edit: just looked it up, Sherpa Vans area semi-final, 9 March 1988, Att: 8,499

Perhaps i was thinking of the attendance left after the fourth and fifth went in..... :)

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
My old man was at Southend watching possibly Oxford? But not 100% sure. There were 3 (three) in the away end, and one was an Albion fan!!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Good answer. Just needs a wee tweek...

'I remember that, and I can tell you who it was. It was Allan 'I will talk complete and utter uninformed-by-dint-of-never-having-played-football garbage and spend more time spouting my overly self-agrandising opinions than actually describing the game, so tough titties if you wanted to know what is going on on the pitch' Green.'

There. Just for clarity's sake :smile:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Went to every game we played at gillingham so whatever the smallest crowd there was, used to sit in the Gordon road stand and normally had a block to ourselves for night games.

Away I guess was probably Walsall in the noddy cup, lost 5 nil I think. Although Mansfield away (woods last game?) we didn't have many. And quite a few left when they realised you could only see about half of the pitch from where we were standing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Good answer. Just needs a wee tweek...

'I remember that, and I can tell you who it was. It was Allan 'I will talk complete and utter uninformed-by-dint-of-never-having-played-football garbage and spend more time spouting my overly self-agrandising opinions than actually describing the game, so tough titties if you wanted to know what is going on on the pitch' Green.'

There. Just for clarity's sake :smile:

You are quite right. I forgot his middle name.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not strictly related to this thread, but 83 3rd round replay at Newcastle.. I reckon there were no more than fifty of us,.... longest coach journey ever.... good result... Wardy winner...I think.

There was about 80 of us at Sunderland around that time also.....that was very hairy after the game.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep the 1025 at the Barnet game on bonfire night, could have parked a bus on the terrace that night but still the comarderie was good despite the shit football. I remember the (2083) Torquay game (mentioned above too) and a certain Jason Roberts walking through our defence three times I think it was, awesome performance.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I was at Shithurst park for the lowest ever attended Premier league game. Wimbledon v Everton in 1993. Only 3039 including me, my bro & the old man. Everton won 3-1, Tony Cottee scored twice & even though there was bugger all people there we were in with Evertonians & it was great. The Holmsedale end was terracing & there was no one in it. It was about the same time (possibly the same game) Sam Hamman was pictured standing on his own in that particular stand. Good game, two good teams, amazingly enough a good atmosphere, a good laugh, f***ing shit hole of a ground.

There was about 80 of us at Sunderland around that time also.....that was very hairy after the game.

Night game at Sunderland recall it well,all that went were promised a cup final ticket unless you already had one.like you would be at Sunderland away and not bothered to get a cup final ticket:facepalm: A sign of what was to come regarding the cup final millions???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here