Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your record lowest crowds

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
This should show who the hardcore supporters really are.

BHAFC First team games only

Home
Away
Neutral

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
1,086 at home (Gillingham) against Barnet on 5th November 1997.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Stiffs v. Gas Works Pipe Fitters and Borers Reserves 01/04/1968

Here's a piccy:

one-man-his-dog.jpg

:smile:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Don't know what the attendance was, but the strangest experience was the York City replay in 96. It was at mid-day on a Tuesday or something like that. Eerie, weird and I think a game watch in glum silence. I really think we all thought it was over and we would be marking time for a year.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Mansfield 1996, boycott done, don't know what attendance was,
Barnet at Gillingham 1058 i believe
I was there at Filbert Street we took a train load and had a huge game between ourselves on an open rec in the afternoon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

A night of European football on the box if that was a midweek game. If it's the game I'm thinking of the Radio 5 Commentator whilst rounding up the Euro results then gave the Brighton result, which I'm pretty certain was another defeat and then said

A question for Brighton fans who went to Gillingham tonight.....why?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I went to a JPT game at Gillingham. We got hammered 5-1 by Millwall but I think they had quite a few fans there so the crowd probably wasn't that small.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Probably against some tinpot side in the Paint Pot at Withdean. Can't be bothered to look through the records!

Away? Hartlepool in FA Cup First Round Replay probably.

Neutral? Millenium Stadium Play-off Final.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I went to a JPT game at Gillingham. We got hammered 5-1 by Millwall but I think they had quite a few fans there so the crowd probably wasn't that small.

We also took the lead in that game, how sad that I can remember that...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A night of European football on the box if that was a midweek game. If it's the game I'm thinking of the Radio 5 Commentator whilst rounding up the Euro results then gave the Brighton result, which I'm pretty certain was another defeat and then said

A question for Brighton fans who went to Gillingham tonight.....why?

I remember that, and I can tell you who it was. It was Allan Green.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

This. A 3-0 defeat on a very cold evening. I think Barnet took about 300 fans and in the end of season video when the third goal went in someone shouted loudly: "f***ing rubbish! What are you like?"

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't know what the attendance was, but the strangest experience was the York City replay in 96. It was at mid-day on a Tuesday or something like that. Eerie, weird and I think a game watch in glum silence. I really think we all thought it was over and we would be marking time for a year.

My recollection is a Thursday with a 10.30 kick off with effectively only the North Stand open to season ticket holders only. believe the official attendance was higher than the lowest at Gillingham and may have been a shade over 2,000. Think we took the lead only to lose 3-1. Pitch was patched up, and obvioulsy new goals. As you say may not have been the lowest, but a very very strange game.

I must admit I was surprised that none of the FL trophy games at Withdean were ever below the 1,000 mark.

Would have been one of the few at the Gillingham lowest.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My recollection is a Thursday with a 10.30 kick off with effectively only the North Stand open to season ticket holders only. believe the official attendance was higher than the lowest at Gillingham and may have been a shade over 2,000. Think we took the lead only to lose 3-1. Pitch was patched up, and obvioulsy new goals. As you say may not have been the lowest, but a very very strange game.

York City still needed a point to stay up so it had a massive meaning to them. I remember Mervyn Day, the Carlisle manager at the time, saying: "We've played our 46 games, we're fifth from bottom, we shouldn't go down." He had a very good case.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No doubt one of the evening games at Gillingham for me. Probably <2000.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
think lowest was Forest Green in JPT at Withdean

away from home probably macclesfield - think it was 1800, smallest bha crowd probs Bristol City away in JPT - 300 max

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Not the smallest ever but I remember a Tues night Div 1 game V Wimbledon at the Goldstone that only got c.5000. But don't tell those that think the everything about the Goldstone days was rosy!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think the game was against Northhampton ? when playing at Gillingham we went 3-0 down in the first halff most fans left by half time, then we went on to draw 3-3 ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here