Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats your middle name?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
Crabtree

Is the Crabtree the pub near the railway station in Shoreham?

yep, aint been there for ages though! give shoreham town a miss due to the high number of knobheads thinking they are "the man" and all that.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Shite .... that was the first pub I ever went into when I was about 15! Haven't been back there for years and years - used to live in Queens Place and Gordon Road (just round the corner from the pub)

Also it's my earliest memory of a pub as my dad would leave me outside with a bag of crisps and a coke when I was about 8 or 9 - the bastard!!!!

I will always view you in a different light now Crabtree

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
Shite .... that was the first pub I ever went into when I was about 15! Haven't been back there for years and years - used to live in Queens Place and Gordon Road (just round the corner from the pub)

Also it's my earliest memory of a pub as my dad would leave me outside with a bag of crisps and a coke when I was about 8 or 9 - the bastard!!!!

view me? in a light? you what? :)

yeah I know Gordon road, used to work at the opposite end to the pub in the big building.
I did like Shoreham drinking when Bashers was there (dodgy nightclub but turned out to be a Cult thing) but now its just full of w:censored:s really. Still got loads of mates who drink there and I do occasionally go if no one else is anywhere else!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the Left Wing said:

Did you used to frequent the Dolphin coffee bar as well?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yorkie said:
Did you used to frequent the Dolphin coffee bar as well?

Yep occasionally ... and what the pub called on the other side of the level crossing .... drank there quite a bit (but this is almost 30 years ago!)

Also used to get wrecked every Friday night in the Ship in Worthing!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Which one do you mean? Burrells or Buckingham?

Paul, by the way. f***, I share it with Trigs. :shootself

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Everest said:
Which one do you mean? Burrells or Buckingham?

Both!!!!!!!!!

Crikey ... Burrels, Buckingham and Crabtree ... that was my local pub crawl when I was about 17!!!!!!
Then the chippy just over the road from the Crabtree

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
On the Left Wing said:
Both!!!!!!!!!

Crikey ... Burrels, Buckingham and Crabtree ... that was my local pub crawl when I was about 17!!!!!!
Then the chippy just over the road from the Crabtree

And mine (many moons ago)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They got a chinese takeaway op the Crabtree now. Get this, it's called
Uncle Pham's :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yorkie said:
And mine (many moons ago)

For me this would be about 1972/73 ish ...

Also great memories of going to Sherrys in Brighton on a Friday night .... happy days !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
chippy is still there though probably with new owners! This used to be a regular pub crawl of mine, in order:

Red Lion, Swiss Cottage Lazy Toad, Bridge, High Street Bar, Crown & Anchor, Ferry, The Duke.

On thursdays we sometimes do this:

Greenjacket, Crabtree, Morning Star, Duke, High Street

On birthdays/Xmas Eve's we used to have all day sessions, basically visiting every pub in Southwick then Shoreham ending up in bashers....ahh the memories
:drink:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
CrabtreeBHA said:
Red Lion, Swiss Cottage Lazy Toad, Bridge, High Street Bar, Crown & Anchor, Ferry, The Duke.

What, and miss out The Amsterdam, Marlipins, Royal Sovereign & Slurrey

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Everest said:
They got a chinese takeaway op the Crabtree now. Get this, it's called
Uncle Pham's :lolol:

should be called Uncle Phams arse from the stuff they cook up...:lol:

We do Duke on Wed's and Fri's...

Sov on Sundays and sometimes tuesdays....

and the Bridge for the football.... went over to the Lady Jane (Waterside) last week for the football and walked out after 2 minutes because of the smell!!!:ohmy:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
On the Left Wing said:
For me this would be about 1972/73 ish ...

Also great memories of going to Sherrys in Brighton on a Friday night .... happy days !

I used to go to Sherrys as well

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
CrabtreeBHA said:
chippy is still there though probably with new owners! This used to be a regular pub crawl of mine, in order:

On thursdays we sometimes do this:

Greenjacket, Crabtree, Morning Star, Duke, High Street

On birthdays/Xmas Eve's we used to have all day sessions, basically visiting every pub in Southwick then Shoreham ending up in bashers....ahh the memories
:drink:

Used to also do the Red Lion, Swiss Cottage and Marlpins ..... remember used to get live bands at the Swiss Cottage (?) ... swear I saw Leo Sayer perform there in about 1972/73ish before he had his first recording contract .... memory lane all faded by beer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here