Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Your favourite meat for a roast ?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Chicken, hands down, with out doubt, with out fail every single Sunday

D

Deleted member 18477

Just had lunch in the Grand. Had the beef! Was quite rare but fairly nice. Chicken is also tasty!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As a few have said, a nice rare double rib of beef (or aitchbone) with a strong horseradish sauce, or a very slow roasted shoulder of lamb (4-5 Hours), so most of the fat has cooked out.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Lamb studded with rosemary spiked garlic cloves and brushed with mint jelly. Slow roasted of course.

However, because it's so cheap at the mo, Roast pork with seriously good crackling done by moi is a very close second

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Chicken is top, followed closley by Pork Chops (mid week roast for me)

I am very fond of a decent bit of Brisket though

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
As a few have said, a nice rare double rib of beef (or aitchbone) with a strong horseradish sauce, or a very slow roasted shoulder of lamb (4-5 Hours), so most of the fat has cooked out.

A man who know's his meat,aitchbone difficult to source unless you have a good butcher,rib of beef and you can't go wrong.Just lately i've been buying rolled rib-eye,very tasty,today we had 6 hour slow cooked shoulder of lamb from pevensey,no knives required just tongs to serve the delightful shredded meat,uummmhh!!
Chicken on a sunday should be illegal,you people don't know what your missing.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
A man who know's his meat,aitchbone difficult to source unless you have a good butcher,rib of beef and you can't go wrong.Just lately i've been buying rolled rib-eye,very tasty,today we had 6 hour slow cooked shoulder of lamb from pevensey,no knives required just tongs to serve the delightful shredded meat,uummmhh!!
Chicken on a sunday should be illegal,you people don't know what your missing.

where is the butchers in Pevensey?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Just had a nice Gammon as will be having Beef next week. Last week had a game roast with Pheasant shot locally and venison sausages with game chips and all the roast trimmings, now that was lovely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here