Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite food to BBQ?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Having a BBQ at home this weekend. Will probably have the usual mixture of chicken, burgers, sweetcorn etc. Any new suggestions that I haven't considered?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Poll :jester:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Favorite BBQ food has gotta be a nice kebab.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I make my own kebabs, love em'.
Get the skewers, slide on some diced pork, diced lamb, mushroom, onion, peppers, cherry tomato...sprinkle with paprika or cajun chicken, and allow to sizzle, turning slowly.

I alos LOVE corn on the cob, wrapped in bacofoil with a knob of butter...

Thats it. I'm doing one as well on Sunday now.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
turkey kebabs or fish. (trout or red snapper stuffed with lemon and garlic).

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Prawns with some lemon juice......

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Go to the local butcher not the supermarket the meat is so much nicer.

BTW nothing beats a nice steak

I always tend to avoid chicken unless its cooked in the oven first its very difficult to cook it properly on a barbecue whereas most other meats can be undercooked without to much risk of food poisioning

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I make my own kebabs, love em'.
Get the skewers, slide on some diced pork, diced lamb, mushroom, onion, peppers, cherry tomato...sprinkle with paprika or cajun chicken, and allow to sizzle, turning slowly.

I alos LOVE corn on the cob, wrapped in bacofoil with a knob of butter...

Thats it. I'm doing one as well on Sunday now.

*drool*

Might have to have one myself.

:drink:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Those giant flat mushrooms, with soft chesse spreed on them, wrapped in foil.

A friend of mine whos a vegi introduced me to them. Very nice.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bacon! :p :p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
*drool*

Might have to have one myself.

:drink:
I'll put a couple by for you Chappers.

Oh, I also have an incurable fetish for brattys (or German bratwursts). At the risk of sounding like a complete pikey, the BEST ones are from Lidls. £1.49 for a pack of about 6, and they are huge. This is the only thing I buy from Lidls, I swear. And I have made a special journey many times all the way to Worthing specifically and only for a pack of brattys if I am doing a BBQ.

I have 4 packs in the freezer right now. Will defrost a few for Sunday I think, thanks for reminding me.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Oh, I also have an incurable fetish for brattys (or German bratwursts). At the risk of sounding like a complete pikey, the BEST ones are from Lidls. £1.49 for a pack of about 6, and they are huge. This is the only thing I buy from Lidls, I swear. And I have made a special journey many times all the way to Worthing specifically and only for a pack of brattys if I am doing a BBQ.

i LOVE them. when i went to austria ski-ing, spent the whole week living on them!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Easy 10 said:
I'll put a couple by for you Chappers.

I have 4 packs in the freezer right now. Will defrost a few for Sunday I think, thanks for reminding me.

That's exactly the sort of idea I was looking for. Thanks for the tip off Easy! I promise I won't buy them all before you

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
panda steaks.....

alternatively would have to be a nice bit of marinated chicken!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here