Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite cookery programme?

What is your favourite cokkery programme?

• Man Vs Food

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • A load of poncy middole class twats mucking around with puff pastry

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Over the last few months I've got really hooked on Man Vs Food, a refreshing antidote to all those annoying celebrity chefs or poncy middle-class twats on programmes like Masterchef. There are SO many places in America I want to go to now.

An honourable mention however to the Hairy Bikers, it would be unfair to tar them with the 'poncy' brush.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bugger me my spelling's atrocious! Can't work out how to edit the poll either ...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Over the last few months I've got really hooked on Man Vs Food, a refreshing antidote to all those annoying celebrity chefs or poncy middle-class twats on programmes like Masterchef. There are SO many places in America I want to go to now.

An honourable mention however to the Hairy Bikers, it would be unfair to tar them with the 'poncy' brush.

I wouldn't call Man v Food a cookery program. It's about food (well, American fat people gorging themselves), but very little to do with the cooking.

I like cookery programs where you can actually learn something. The Bikers' recent euro-trip was quite interesting. There are several progs on the Food Channel that I like.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
MvF.
I'm surprised Adam hasn't turned up on these shores.
He comes across as an engaging eloquent fella, who must have some stories to tell.
Better than some of the vapid d-listers we have to put up with, being interviewed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everyone loves Ainsley.

]

Except one of my old bosses who sacked him and said he was a useless chef who could make a decent meal with prime cuts of meat but could never use up the lesser known cheaper cuts so could and would never make a profit in a kitchen.

I used to enjoy Cant cook Wont cook when it was on and generally prefer the ones where an expert shows an amateur how to do things and to cook dishes rather than 2 professionals competing against each other.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Anything with Nigella in it mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nigella-lawson-10.jpg

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I've always been a fan of Simon Rimmer (Something for the Weekend, Sunday Brunch) Simple cooking with football banter and it's stuff I can actually cook!

also like masterchef (stuff I cant cook) and come dine with me (comedy value from the guy who narrates it)

D

Deleted member 18477

Except one of my old bosses who sacked him and said he was a useless chef who could make a decent meal with prime cuts of meat but could never use up the lesser known cheaper cuts so could and would never make a profit in a kitchen.

I used to enjoy Cant cook Wont cook when it was on and generally prefer the ones where an expert shows an amateur how to do things and to cook dishes rather than 2 professionals competing against each other.

Can't cook won't cook & ready steady cook were classics.
Masterchef is good but I can't cook much that they do. Their presentation is unbelievable as well.
I quite like Saturday kitchen, something for the weekend and obviously come dine with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here