Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's your equivalent of spending £100m in a week?

billhems

NSC Patron
Oct 23, 2022
Hope I'm not tempting fate, but if we get Ferdi and Rutter, Tony will have spanked about 100M in a week. Obviously he's calculated to 10 decimal places and planned it out over many years, but that must still give even a billionaire a bit of a light headed, tummy fluttering moment. I'm trying to equate it to my frame of reference. As a percentage of his net worth that he's just shelled out, is it like us mere mortals buying a fancy car? A holiday house?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hope I'm not tempting fate, but if we get Ferdi and Rutter, Tony will have spanked about 100M in a week. Obviously he's calculated to 10 decimal places and planned it out over many years, but that must still give even a billionaire a bit of a light headed, tummy fluttering moment. I'm trying to equate it to my frame of reference. As a percentage of his net worth that he's just shelled out, is it like us mere mortals buying a fancy car? A holiday house?

It's less than the Caicedo money. It's the equivalent of me selling bicycle for 115€ and buying a replacement plus one for my partner and another for guests for 100€.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I traded a video game to CEX last week, this week I purchased two cheaper video games and still have some change.

Dec 29, 2011
It's less than the Caicedo money. It's the equivalent of me selling bicycle for 115€ and buying a replacement plus one for my partner and another for guests for 100€.
Player sales also have to cover running costs, it's not free disposable income. It's more similar to selling your car for £2,000 and then paying £1,200 in mortgage payments and then buying another car for £1,800. There's still a big outgoing on cash at that point.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
A massive bag of food. God it would be beautiful. Most days the last year I've literally only eaten 400g of peanuts a day and when I don't, I only eat pasta and pesto. The thought of having HUNDREDS of ingredients almost brings tears to my eyes.

In slightly richer times it would have felt like buying... a printer? Generally useful thing you normally don't want to spend money on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Player sales also have to cover running costs, it's not free disposable income. It's more similar to selling your car for £2,000 and then paying £1,200 in mortgage payments and then buying another car for £1,800. There's still a big outgoing on cash at that point.

You're right. For my analogy to work, I also need to factor in the wages for my bike mechanics amortised over the length of the contracts. Not to mention, the TV deal covering my rides down to the beach.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Given the difference between our accumulated wealth and disposable income the fish supper I've just bought is roughly equivalent to Tony's entire financing of the Albion.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A massive bag of food. God it would be beautiful. Most days the last year I've literally only eaten 400g of peanuts a day and when I don't, I only eat pasta and pesto. The thought of having HUNDREDS of ingredients almost brings tears to my eyes.

In slightly richer times it would have felt like buying... a printer? Generally useful thing you normally don't want to spend money on.
You do know you can buy things that DON’T begin with the letter P, don’t you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here