Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] What's your election day schedule?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Postal vote sent - then watch BBC America until midnight (5am UK time) when I guess they will know the outcome

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
But that still means taking part in the game.

If just a million random people voted, the result would still be the same and it would be the same if all non voters voted. I thought the referendum was daft and that a Brexit would be too complicated to pull off, and I took no part in that either.

There was once a time when being able to vote was a human right. But just because we now have that right, it doesn't make it an obligation.

I personally think it should be an obligation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What is the point of a long walk in the rain to the polling station in a constituency with over a 23k majority in 2017?

Just maybe for all those who fought for your right to vote?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I personally think it should be an obligation.

That's true, it isn't an obligation but it is a right that millions wish they had and some people, not all, really value their vote and the opportunity to have their say.

I strongly feel though that until we get PR we're not going to get the degree of engagement that makes it all worthwhile.

I believe in the right to vote and have a say. But what you are voting for has to be of value. For example the Iraq War was a high value decision but we had no say, and not even a million turning out to protest was enough to be heard.

Adults give children choices to make them feel grown up, but they are pre-selected choices.

What we are voting for now is of very low value and there is nothing at stake. I guess it makes us feel important having a pointless vote but that is part of the illusion in our type of democracy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Mrs OW will pass the Polling Station four or five times today but will wait until I'm home and we go together, when we do we'll be trying to convince the teenage boys to walk down with us, just so they know people do actually get off their @rse to vote.

A lot of tradition and sentimentality for me. I first went round to this station in 1979 as a pupil at the school. I walked round with Mum and Dad. I remember that day well. Both of them have passed but this year I'm missing Dad as he was there with me for the last one.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A lot of tradition and sentimentality for me. I first went round to this station in 1979 as a pupil at the school. I walked round with Mum and Dad. I remember that day well. Both of them have passed but this year I'm missing Dad as he was there with me for the last one.

Sorry to hear that, a wry smile to him as you enter the booth and keep that tradition going.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leave work, vote, sleep all day, go to work, listen to results come in throughout the night, go home to an inevitable Tory government.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Drive around and pick up Tory/Labour/Lib Dem voters who have trouble getting to the Polling stations in this filthy weather .... deliver Tories safely to the correct destinations and the rest to a Car Park just outside Hemel Hempstead.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, very sad but do try to keep smiling; I am sure that he will be looking down.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Drive around and pick up Tory/Labour/Lib Dem voters who have trouble getting to the Polling stations in this filthy weather .... deliver Tories safely to the correct destinations and the rest to a Car Park just outside Hemel Hempstead.

That made me chuckle :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, very sad but do try to keep smiling; I am sure that he will be looking down.

Especially as we would vote for the same party. I could argue that I'm doing it in his memory at which he would quickly inform me that I was doing it anyway !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Because of the ban on broadcasting on the election until polls close, today has mainly been media whoring above the usual level, as have been helping BBC Sport with fact checking in relation to the Championship losses story which went live at midnight.

5am: Podcast published
7am Radio Lancashire
8:15am Radio Wales
Day Job for a few hours then
4pm Radio Stoke
5:30 Love Sport
6:10pm Radio Five Live
6:30pm BBC News Channel
8:30 pm TalkSport

You'll be begging for Johnson, Corbyn and the other talentless clowns after a day of DULLARDNESS on the airwaves.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because of the ban on broadcasting on the election until polls close, today has mainly been media whoring above the usual level, as have been helping BBC Sport with fact checking in relation to the Championship losses story which went live at midnight.

5am: Podcast published
7am Radio Lancashire
8:15am Radio Wales
Day Job for a few hours then
4pm Radio Stoke
5:30 Love Sport
6:10pm Radio Five Live
6:30pm BBC News Channel
8:30 pm TalkSport

You'll be begging for Johnson, Corbyn and the other talentless clowns after a day of DULLARDNESS on the airwaves.

That got loads of airtime, a great day to release the report. It seems there are circa 15x Tony Bloom, Chansiri, Mel Morris and Shahid Khan types, all playing roulette, subsidised with huge annual personal cash injections. Thankfully for us, Tony pulled it off.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I believe in the right to vote and have a say. But what you are voting for has to be of value. For example the Iraq War was a high value decision but we had no say, and not even a million turning out to protest was enough to be heard.

Adults give children choices to make them feel grown up, but they are pre-selected choices.

What we are voting for now is of very low value and there is nothing at stake. I guess it makes us feel important having a pointless vote but that is part of the illusion in our type of democracy.

The NHS is high value and is very much at stake this election. I unfortunately can't vote today as my wife's treatment has been delayed so we have had to stay over at Royal Marsden. Whilst I don't like Corbyn I would have voted for him in tactical voting in Kemptown.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As I cannot vote anymore, I went to a Christmas fair as a volunteer for Hospice Malta.
Then home for some housework, drinks out then home for veggie stir fry listening to music.
Had Al Stewart, Van Morrison, Bonnie Rait, Skunk anansie now Genesis.. Lots of red wine :drink:
Will find the result tomorrow.
Think NSC will be fun tomorrow whatever the result.:wave:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The NHS is high value and is very much at stake this election. I unfortunately can't vote today as my wife's treatment has been delayed so we have had to stay over at Royal Marsden. Whilst I don't like Corbyn I would have voted for him in tactical voting in Kemptown.

The NHS is broken from within because people abuse it. The more money that is pumped into it the more money leaks out. It is a problem that is not fixable by any party promises.

The NHS employs thousands of consultants, many of them not needed, but there is no one in government in either party who is qualified to judge to run a health system to dictate to it.

It's a 70 year old system that originally prescribed cod liver oil and aspirin for everything but with so many advances in treatment it cannot keep up with itself.

It needs total rebuild of the system with a cross party and NHS workers influence, not by one party putting plasters on it.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
The NHS is broken from within because people abuse it. The more money that is pumped into it the more money leaks out. It is a problem that is not fixable by any party promises.

The NHS employs thousands of consultants, many of them not needed, but there is no one in government in either party who is qualified to judge to run a health system to dictate to it.

It's a 70 year old system that originally prescribed cod liver oil and aspirin for everything but with so many advances in treatment it cannot keep up with itself.

It needs total rebuild of the system with a cross party and NHS workers influence, not by one party putting plasters on it.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here