Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What's your attitude to ASTROLOGY?

What's your attitude to Astrology?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here’s a list of other Tesla books you could try, give some a go it really is fascinating stuff if you don’t know much about one of the greatest inventors of all time and the man that gave a blueprint for WiFi and smartphones over 100 years ago.

not really, he had visions of possibilities completely out of scope of the technology. like Jules Verne or Douglas Adams. its sad people try to ascribe things to Tesla that he didnt do, it distracts from his many real achievements. its common among believers of pseudoscience, liking the idea he invented things beyond our knowledge, reality is he dreamed a little too far.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Arguably, he didn't. The lightbulb had been invented by others long before, but Edison tweaked it to be (more) reliable and mass-producible.

Correct. The lightbulb was the collaboration of many people’s work. Edison took most the credit as was the better marketeer and probably best entrepreneur at the time.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Correct. The lightbulb was the collaboration of many people’s work. Edison took most the credit as was the better marketeer and probably best entrepreneur at the time.

As is the case with almost any major 'invention' or scientific theory you care to mention. The scentific process is a process. Surprise.

Not sure what this has to do with Astrology which is, obviously, utter rubbish. On a par with Crystal healing and homeopathy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As is the case with almost any major 'invention' or scientific theory you care to mention. The scentific process is a process. Surprise.

Not sure what this has to do with Astrology which is, obviously, utter rubbish. On a par with Crystal healing and homeopathy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

homeopathy has some bearing mate .....theres a bit to it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well, the placebo effect is real yes.

you stick to chemicals then kid ......there is a huge market in homeopathy for ailments such as arthritis , osteoporosis , sleep apnoea and generally being a dismissive cant , the most recent arrival on the natural remedy scene is cbd/thc oil .....cures psoriasis , eczema , asthma , epilepsy and anxiety /stress related conditions .......have a look.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
you stick to chemicals then kid ......there is a huge market in homeopathy for ailments such as arthritis , osteoporosis , sleep apnoea and generally being a dismissive cant , the most recent arrival on the natural remedy scene is cbd/thc oil .....cures psoriasis , eczema , asthma , epilepsy and anxiety /stress related conditions .......have a look.

There's a huge market for all kinds of things. religion, astrology, stories in the daily express. Doesn't make any of it true.
CBD oil is not homeopathy. But it is 'chemicals'.

Homeopathy is also chemicals. Mainly H2O

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
There's a huge market for all kinds of things. religion, astrology, stories in the daily express. Doesn't make any of it true.
CBD oil is not homeopathy. But it is 'chemicals'.

Homeopathy is also chemicals. Mainly H2O
do you have any experience of it or are you banjo ing like most on here ......my next door neighbour has been pretty much a raspberry for the last 18 months with scoliosis ....he has recently sourced cbd oil and is now walking his dog 3 or 4 kms twice a day ......my wife studied energetic healing for 4 years , she's got a diploma in it and is also a midwife of over 30 yrs experience ...cbd is plant based mate , in essence it is homeopathy depending on the process.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
do you have any experience of it or are you banjo ing like most on here ......my next door neighbour has been pretty much a raspberry for the last 18 months with scoliosis ....he has recently sourced cbd oil and is now walking his dog 3 or 4 kms twice a day ......my wife studied energetic healing for 4 years , she's got a diploma in it and is also a midwife of over 30 yrs experience ...cbd is plant based mate , in essence it is homeopathy depending on the process.

I have no opinion on CBD oil, I don't know what body of studies or evidence exists as yet, have no personal experience, but I have heard positive anecdotal stories. I am open minded on it.

But my understanding (and maybe the dispute here is about the definition) of homeopathy is that it is the practice of using highly diluted (to the point on non-existent) substances as per the NHS definition here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/homeopathy/

That is not my understanding of how CBD oil is used?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If you think that's what a blueprint is I don't think you've fully understood the science books you've been reading

If you think that's what a blueprint is I don't think you've fully understood the science books you've been reading

I know exactly what a blue print is, I spend a lot of money creating digital blueprints at work!

The Cambridge dictionary says a blueprint is:

‘an early plan or design that explains how something might be achieved’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here