Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your album of the year?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
God u lot listen to a load of stuff ive never heard of and i'm into music, anyway mine is Langauge Sex Violence Other by The Stereophonics

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Stevie_boy said:
God u lot listen to a load of stuff ive never heard of and i'm into music, anyway mine is Langauge Sex Violence Other by The Stereophonics

Tell you what, I haven't heard of a lot of the albums either but I'm sure to the listener they're still great music. Maybe you and I have too narrow a taste.

Good call on the Subways and Nine Black Alps BTW.

Last edited:

Stevie_boy said:

Currently in my car CD player - it's great!

Nine Black Alps - Everything Is.

Another top record.

Maximo Park is pretty sad though, not much to them and they'd better come up with something brilliant (recalling Supergrass and their wonderful follow-up) or they are soon history.

T.S.O.O.L. (The Soundtrack Of Our Lives) last release is GREAT.

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing. A progressive band these days? Shirley Knott? but they are. Damn fine too.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The just-released 1957 recording of John Coltrane and Thelonious Monk.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
NMH said:
The Buzzcocks 'Love Bites' spanks Coltrane and Monk. Miles KNEW the game was UP when he heard that.

Er..isn't this meant to be about this year's albums? Have you been in a coma since 1978 or something? If so, boy, have you missed a lot.

BTW, the full line-up of that TM and JC concert is: Billie Holliday, Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Charles, Chet Baker and Zoot Sims, and Sonny Rollins - has there ever been a better line-up on a single bill?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Thanks for this it's always nice to find some new bands that I wouldn't otherwise listen to - Raging Speedhorn were again the highlight for me with How the Great Have Fallen which lifts their music to new levels, but the Bled and the Coltrane/Monk albums will soon be finding their way in to my collection.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
brakesalbum.gif

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Tracey Chapman.

THE END.

Thread terminated.

Spelling dubious.

Author legless..........