Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's worst TV Program ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I thought 'programme' was a British and Commonwealth spelling and 'program' was AN Other (or American at least).

Ok, just checked. British is programme, American is program, and Australian is either .... unless you are talking about computing, in which case use either anywhere. As an IT bod, I stand by my original answer :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Life of Riley -thread closed

v8hnwj.jpg

So incredibly bad it is shown to failed suicide attemptees to make them :sick:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So incredibly bad it is shown to failed suicide attemptees to make them :sick:

It's shite I agree but most of the 'comedy' on BBC 3 is as bad if not worse. Another thing I hate about Kyle is that his crap is on in the morning when everything else is crap.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Sorry to be pedantic, but I would imagine that it is actually 'Television Programme'.

Jeremy Kyle rewards the underclass and their inability to function normally and without pro-creating under the power of cheap wine or cider.

Big Brother rewards the unordinary who crave attention, fame and fortune through a lack of skill and talent.

Both are ridiculous programmes that are wathced by far too many people.

I'd vote for Hollyoaks and Eastenders along with those two.

Oi. Don't you mention Hollyoaks in this thread :angry:

Agree with the Jeremy Kyle/Big Brother choices, and I'd throw in Loose Women. What on Earth were they thinking when they chose to name it that anyway?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Although Big Brother is poor these days, it was pretty ground breaking and watchable when it first started.

Anyone seen Snog, Marry or Avoid or Dating in the dark? Both so SHITE, they are actually brilliant.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I saw a programme the other day that compared a Mother and her Daughter and got people to vote who was fitter. The loser then got a makeover or something. Quality viewing

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BoF - I believe both spellings, program and programme are acceptable. Not sure of the difference, if any.

North America use the spelling "program" , we use the spelling "programme" to describe a television episode which differentiates it from "program" which pertains to computers. Another spelling goof similar to "loose" when actually the spelling is "lose" as in not winning.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Without wishing to hijack the thread - I am amazed at how many people seem to get loose and lose mixed up. It seems to be becoming more and more frequent and got to the point where it makes me smile when I see someone get it right. Sad I know.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Without wishing to hijack the thread - I am amazed at how many people seem to get loose and lose mixed up. It seems to be becoming more and more frequent and got to the point where it makes me smile when I see someone get it right. Sad I know.

Yes I know, Loose Women is for losers right ?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Not just LOOSE but LOOSING and I even saw LOOST the other day :dunce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I even saw LOOST the other day :dunce:

Yeah , the final episode with Shepherd killing Locke (smoke monster) and Hurley ending up in charge of The Island was brilliant. :blush:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Life of Riley, Not Going Out, GMTV (and it's only going to get worse when it gets rebranded), Mock The Week, anything Trinny and Susanna have ever done, any program where a chef goes to another country and pretends to listen to the natives explaining their cookery tradition whilst attempting to demonstrate that he is better at it than they are, Eastenders and e20 and anything with Calista Flockheart in.

Amongst others.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Lenny Henry's 5 O'clock show was pretty gash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here