Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's this? A Sunderland thread that doesn't contain a moan? Just a question?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm planning on taking my 85yo grandpa to the Sunderland game.

I am a ST holder in WSU. However, I'm not going to make him go all the way up those stairs just to shout "I can't see anything" every two minutes. So I plan on going in either WSL or ES. I tried looking at the website, but the following isn't very clear;

Albion season ticket holders have five days to secure a ticket for the Carling Cup tie with Sunderland at the Amex - expected to take place on Tuesday 23rd August.

Season ticket holders can reserve their own seat online from 10am this Saturday.

From 10am on Monday 15th August, tickets can also be reserved via the ticketline on 0845 496 1901, or in person at the Albion ticket offices at the Amex and Queens Road.

Supporters are reminded that anyone who buys a ticket who is not a season ticket holder will be sent a paper ticket for this game, and season ticket holders who do not purchase their own seat for this game will also be sent a paper ticket.

The last posting day for this fixture will be Friday the 19th August, any tickets purchased after 3pm on that date will be held for collection at the Amex, although supporters are encouraged to purchase before 3pm on Friday 19th or to collect their tickets from either ticket office prior to matchday if possible.

It suggests ST holders have 5 days to purchase their tickets, which will be until 19th/20th, which will mean general sale is only on for 2 days, and they won't be send out tickets, or have I completely misunderstood?

Cheers x

PS. I haven't read any of the Sunderland moaning threads, as I believe they are all about the amount, rather than sale dates. Apologies if the majority of the threads are about sale dates, and I have inadvertently created a moaning thread claiming not to be a moaning thread...

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I'm planning on taking my 85yo grandpa to the Sunderland game.

I am a ST holder in WSU. However, I'm not going to make him go all the way up those stairs just to shout "I can't see anything" every two minutes. So I plan on going in either WSL or ES. I tried looking at the website, but the following isn't very clear;

It suggests ST holders have 5 days to purchase their tickets, which will be until 19th/20th, which will mean general sale is only on for 2 days, and they won't be send out tickets, or have I completely misunderstood?

Cheers x

PS. I haven't read any of the Sunderland moaning threads, as I believe they are all about the amount, rather than sale dates. Apologies if the majority of the threads are about sale dates, and I have inadvertently created a moaning thread claiming not to be a moaning thread...

ST holders have until this Wed to purchase their tickets. General sale from 6pm Wed.

Just seen this:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~2421037,00.html

Over 6,000 sold already. Looks like the club got it right. ???

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I'm unsure on that, BUT there are lifts up to the top which I'm sure you could use. That, however, does not solve the "I can't see anything" issue. Sure the ticket hotline would allow you to buy a ticket which is not your own (or anyone elses) ST before the general sale kicks in...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
East stand has fewer steps and a fantastic view of the west stand - is really close to the pitch and has an excellent view. possibly easier to get to the concourses at half time than West Stand Upper.

Lifts are only for club officials and catering staff (so I believe) but give the club a call, explain the situation and they may tell you different

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
My wife was allowed to use lift up to WSU for Doncaster game as she was having a back op the following Thursday. Stewards weren't to helpful initially.
As said doesn't answer the "I can't see problem".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here