Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the worst ending to a TV show?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Most good TV show's have a bad ending tbh - one that spring to mind is Seinfeld :(

Really ? The last one may not have been particularly funny, but it was very good to finish with exactly the same pointless conversation that the series had started with 10 years earlier (the validity of the top button on a man shirt). It matched the "program about nothing" premis of the entire run.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Watched Monk for about 4 series, was a decent show but it grated after a while the plots all seemed very similar (basically Monk not being able to solve the crime because he's somehow 'distracted' by one of his phobias).

Was 'Monk' played by this legend??

ColinMonk_2398277.jpg

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Dallas had the worst ending ever. Whether the series was ever any good, well it had its high points. Could it sink any lower than Bobbys dream? You bet it could.

The final double header had JR drinking heavily from a bottle of bourbon whilst home alone at Southfork. Two things mattered to JR, Ewing Oil and family (in that order). He had just lost Ewing oil and his family didn't want anything more to do with him. Picking up a gun he contemplates shooting himself, mumbling "The world would be better off without JR".

The the Devil appears and shows him what the world would be like without good ol JR.

Bobby is a gambler loses all the time

Sue Ellen is not a drunk (as without JR there was no one to push her to drink)

Cliff Barnes ended up being Vice President of the USA

Without JR, Miss Ellie had another son, who was into real estate and sold off Southfork for housing. Much to Miss Ellies regret, who later died of a broken heart.

Back in the real world, you see Bobby entering Southfork, only to hear a gun go off. Bobby shouts "JR!!!" and thats it the end. You never see whether JR dies. (which of course he doesn't cos he pops up in 2012)

In some ways its so bad its brill.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Frasier. The whole of the final series was a bit shit and the ending left his future up in the air.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Frasier. The whole of the final series was a bit shit and the ending left his future up in the air.

That was kinda the point - you saw him sitting on the plane and assumed he was going to San Francisco for his new job, but the tannoy announced the plane going to Chicago, so he was going after Charlotte.

survivors
the second time round
yes I know it was shite but never had an ending

as someone else has commented it was shown before the second series was dropped, the original wasn't much better although it ran for three series, a forth series was penned but never shown where england was invaded by Idi Amin style Africans arriving by the plane load, could have been interesting

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That was kinda the point - you saw him sitting on the plane and assumed he was going to San Francisco for his new job, but the tannoy announced the plane going to Chicago, so he was going after Charlotte.
Yeah, but how did you know Charlotte was interested? She might have been trying to let him down gently; if a woman moved 3000 miles to get away from me I think I'd sort of get the hint no matter what she said to the contrary. And even if she was still interested, given his previous record with women was he going to screw it up again?

Niles and Daphne had long been resolved, Ros was just Ros and I didn't really care about Ronnie, but Frasier's future was still unclear.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Really ? The last one may not have been particularly funny, but it was very good to finish with exactly the same pointless conversation that the series had started with 10 years earlier (the validity of the top button on a man shirt). It matched the "program about nothing" premis of the entire run.

The premise was good I don't know just felt a bit meh tbh

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yeah, but how did you know Charlotte was interested? She might have been trying to let him down gently; if a woman moved 3000 miles to get away from me I think I'd sort of get the hint no matter what she said to the contrary. And even if she was still interested, given his previous record with women was he going to screw it up again?

Niles and Daphne had long been resolved, Ros was just Ros and I didn't really care about Ronnie, but Frasier's future was still unclear.

Left open for a spin-off then !! If they did, I would want a show with Niles.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Tripods

Because they didn't end it, they just left it hanging

I remember that, very annoying.
Many American series are cancelled in the middle of a story line. I liked Deadwood and they axed that too, Ian McShane tried to get a 3 part mini series made to tie up all the loose ends but he couldn't get the money together.
The last thing I watched that they cancelled was 'The Event' which finished at a critical point.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whereas Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ended on a major cliff-hanger... just when the so-so series was getting very good.

Note: The Cliff-Hanger was meant to continue onto a new season, but it got cancelled after filming was complete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here