Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the worst ending to a TV show?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To compliment the Best Ending thread...

One for me was the finale of Monk. A great series which ran for something like 10 seasons; clever, funny and also sad. The whole premise was that his wife had been murdered years before, which had triggered a whole series of phobias, allergies and personality disorders.

He worked round these, and used his brilliant mind to solve crimes.

The resolution of this key part of the show, was poor.. oh so poor.

(I'm purposely not giving details - to avoid spoiling it)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Fools & horses
Should of ended it when del , Rodney & uncle walked off into the sunset after getting the 6 million for the watch but came back years later for a couple of more Xmas specials than just tailed off should of ended it on a high

Dec 29, 2011
Watched Monk for about 4 series, was a decent show but it grated after a while the plots all seemed very similar (basically Monk not being able to solve the crime because he's somehow 'distracted' by one of his phobias).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lost's was pretty shit. You could tell they were writing it as they went along and because of the massive amount of plot holes, had to go for a cop out "it was all a dream" style ending.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have been told Happy Days didn't end well...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
To compliment the Best Ending thread...

One for me was the finale of Monk. A great series which ran for something like 10 seasons; clever, funny and also sad. The whole premise was that his wife had been murdered years before, which had triggered a whole series of phobias, allergies and personality disorders.

He worked round these, and used his brilliant mind to solve crimes.

The resolution of this key part of the show, was poor.. oh so poor.

(I'm purposely not giving details - to avoid spoiling it)

Could you PM me the ending?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
survivors
the second time round
yes I know it was shite but never had an ending

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
survivors
the second time round
yes I know it was shite but never had an ending

Wasn't it cancelled before they could end it as per the original story?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How did the X-Files (TV series) end? I never got round to watching it. I'd hazard a guess it wasn't great from where it was going up to that point.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oooh, just remembered..

Quantum Leap - great show, with an ending so disappointing .... grr.

Still makes me angry.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's the American networks for you. They can ruin any good TV show either by making it run far too long as it gets such high ratings, cancelling it because it gets such low ratings, or generally sapping any potential for creativity from the writers.

The only TV show I have really watched with dedication in recent years was Lost, and the ending was really disappointing.

Not that I watched it, but wasn't the ending of Seinfeld some sort of clip show?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The first series of prison break was cracking. Until the lame cop out ending meaning they could do more series.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Commander in Chief, they clearly tried to force a second series. And failed. :down: Brilliant programme with so much potential, but clearly just wasn't popular.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Not that I watched it, but wasn't the ending of Seinfeld some sort of clip show?

Pretty much .."they were on trial" for the bystanders act ... basically watching someone getting mugged and not helping and loads of people were giving damning character references against them (this is the clips from old episodes came in)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here