• Other (please nominate)

Votes: 11 15.9%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Simster said:
No - just people with no class. BIG difference.

True.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lidl's gluehwein is ACE - it costs about £3 a bottle, pop a mug of it in the microwave for a minute, half a teaspoon of sugar, lovely. The perfect winter warmer.

I was trying to find some "appelkorn" in there too and was assisted by a fantastically-dishevelled very helpful big chap who kept muttering to me "I know these bottles. I've studied this section a lot. They don't do that apple stuff any more. I know this section very well. I know these bottles. No more of that apple stuff. Haven't seen it." etc etc. I hasten to add that he didn't WORK there. He's probably still there now.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
edna krabappel said:

May I also suggest an honourable mention for Argos?

You may indeed. I had an incident of shopping rage last time I was there whilst waiting to buy some worthless tat.

The queue was huge but everyone in it was brain dead. Each time a till became free the shop assistant had to call people over otherwise no-one had the nouse to work out that free till + being first in the queue = work towards shop assistant and pay for goods.

When the 3rd person did it I reached breaking point along the lines of 'We can put a man on the moon but the fuckwits in Argos don't understand queing' Good news for me was that my wife worked out that taking me shopping is about as good an idea as leaving Wayne Rooney with your gran.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Commander said:
It's the shopping in total silence that gets me. No music, no talking, just deathly silence. You know you've hit rock bottom when you're shopping there.

Shopping in silence is my idea of heaven. Not that I shop in Lidl, but I wish the other shops would quit with the annoying music.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about those tatty shops that open up every December, in disused High Street premises, flogging calendars, really thin, nasty wrapping paper, and tacky foil ceiling decorations?

They inevitably feature a tarpaulin reading "XMAS BARGINS" (sic) which has been hung loosely over the original shop's wooden sign, rickety plywood tables outside, stacked with boxes containing garish Rudolph wrapping paper, luminous yellow signs saying "5x rolls £1!!", and a karaoke machine pumping out cheap Woolworths versions of popular Christmas songs at 150 decibels.

They're always busy though :lolol:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Do they still have Cash Converters? I discovered the true meaning of depression when I once went into the CC in Woolwich.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
Lidl's gluehwein is ACE - it costs about £3 a bottle, pop a mug of it in the microwave for a minute, half a teaspoon of sugar, lovely. The perfect winter warmer.

You're being ripped off. €1.79 a litre here. :thumbsup:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Aldi + Lidl are great for decent quality (they are German after all) cheap electronics. "Silvercrest" in Lidl is generally COMAG, who are a decent manufactuer, and "Tevion" in Aldi is Medion (which tehy also use), and they're actually respectable outside of the UK...

I have to nominate Iceland. At least they left Ireland when Lidl took the cheap-arse market from them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
crasher said:
Do they still have Cash Converters? I discovered the true meaning of depression when I once went into the CC in Woolwich.

One in St James's Street.

The perfect place to fence all the things you've recently stolen while you burgled some old lady's house. Or to quickly get rid of those so-hot-they're-burning-your-hands items your friend Shifty Nick just asked you to "look after" for a while.

:lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
01_main.jpg

That's why Mum's gone to Iceland (to snort a line of coke in the toilets)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here