• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What's the pikeyist of pikey stores?

Favourite Fried Chicken for me - Croydon's favourite, should have the strap line 'not quite good enough to be KFC'?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good thread.

There's always a place for Favourite Chicken. After 15 pints and no rat burger vendor in sight, I'd have thought there are usually quite NORMAL people who would be seen in said establishment.

Iceland, on the other hand, is utter turd.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lidl. Thread closed.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Crash Bang Wollop. It's in Middleton in Manchester, its kind of like FiftyPeeLand. Although that suggests that most things are .50p but they are usually less than that.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Lidl. It's like Aldi. Only with the letters in a different order.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lidl attracts pikeys, it's true - but if you have a residual fondness for bratwurst, stollen, gingerbread and gluehwein, there's nowhere better, and the real German stuff they do is very nice - I stocked up on such Xmassy stuff last week. Shamefully, they don't supply any decent German beer to go with them.

Without any doubt, the grottiest supermarket ever was called WRIGHTS, on the outskirts of Norwich near the now-closed halls of residence at Fifers. A mate of mine bought a FIVE KILO tin of baked beans once - for 99p.

Last edited:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Commander
Lidl. Thread closed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shirty said:

indeed

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:
Lidl attracts pikeys, it's true - but if you have a residual fondness for bratwurst, stollen, gingerbread and gluehwein, there's nowhere better, and the real German stuff they do is very nice - I stocked up on such Xmassy stuff last week. Shamefully, they don't supply any decent German beer to go with them.

It's the shopping in total silence that gets me. No music, no talking, just deathly silence. You know you've hit rock bottom when you're shopping there.

They do sell good, cheap fireworks though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Billy the Fish said:
Those Curries are quality, I bet you've never even tried one.
Safeway is pretty grim, it's a toss up between that and Lidl

Regrettably I have, my sister in law's freezer is full of them. Give me The Ashoka any time - 10 times the price, 1 million times the quality.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
When I lived in Manchester I was absolutely poverty stricken so shopped at Aldi. I lived off their Pasta and Pasta sauce for about a month. Me and my housemate done a months shopping for 2 people for about £25. Bargin.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Hmmm good choice. Aldi does do some good quality olive oils which lifts it above the total Pikeiest of shops. I can't nominate Poundland - Great for Batteries and the like which are seriously overpriced elsewhere although my local is proper pikey - The carpet in there looks like its survived a war. Lidl as MoH says does good German food.

Iceland gets it for me. Shit Frozen food for single mothers who are too busy smoking and watching Jeremy Kyle to cook something fresh. For conclusive proof its advertised by the Queen of Chavs Kerry off the jungle whatever her name is. You really know your at the bottom end of the market when shes you main marketing weapon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hannibal smith said:
Iceland gets it for me. Shit Frozen food for single mothers who are too busy smoking and watching Jeremy Kyle to cook something fresh. For conclusive proof its advertised by the Queen of Chavs Kerry off the jungle whatever her name is. You really know your at the bottom end of the market when shes you main marketing weapon.
Superbly put. The queen of boil in the bag pikeyness marketing their 15p frozen trifles and 99p turkeys full of water and gristle for your ultimate chavvy, 2 minute microwave boil in the bag Christmas LUNCHEON.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Hannibal smith said:

As a part time worker i resent such a comment! :lol:

Not all the frozen food is shit, pretty much all of the ready meals are though

And yes, Kerry Katona was a shocking selection

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
edna krabappel said:
It's like a being at a global convention for people called Jordan, Tyrone, Chantelle, Courtney and Tyler.

You mean poor people?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Commander said:
You mean poor people?

No, I'm sure that somewhere in our aristocracy, there is a Lady Charmaine Tiffany Britney Huntingdon-Althorp, 3rd Duchess of Cambridgeshire and Viscountess of Rutland

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here