Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whats the most you've ever won at the bookies with a single bet

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
me: i had a tenner on England to beat Scotland at Hampden with Scholes to score first at 66-1 in the Euro 2000 play offs

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
2.1 million from a 50p accumulator on the gee gees :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
£300 a couple of times, once on a golf tournament and player that I can no longer remember when I had a bit of a punt at a time when frankly I had a betting problem, and secondly when I bet us on to win the League Two Championship, which thankfully we duly did.

And of course I did very nicely out of Gary Megson becoming Bolton manager...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
A fiver each way on Sylva Honda at the Derby meeting a good few years back. Duly romped home at 33/1
:yahoo:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I had £20 on Albion winning Division Two (or whatever it was called back then) with BZ in the team. The odds were 25/1, so it more than paid for my season ticket in the Championship :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Won £200 on a bet once and yes I did do this once.

A mate of mine once went through some red traffic lights in Brighton and crashed into a guy who was driving through the green lights. When he turned up at the magistrates' court to take his punishment like a man, it turned out that the other driver was a dodgy geezer with connections in the racing racket.

"If you want to get the money back that you've just had to pay out as a fine, put a bet on XXXXXXXXX to come second in the Derby".

The nag duly delivered. It was 66/1 (to win) when we all trooped into the local betting shop to place our bets.

Even my grandad cleaned up.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I dont know anything about betting but the other day some bloke won £7500 from a £1 bet after 31 consecutive wins which is a record, his next bet he was going to make lost, but luckily he pulled out before!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My missus wanted to go to Hong Kong so we decided to pay using the bookies money. Running that day were two horses called 'Travelling Light' and 'Hong Kong Girl'...we were going to take an empty suitcase to buy some goodies hence travelling light.

A £10 win and place bet went on and Hong Kong Girl won at 25/1 followed by Travelling Light at 7/1. The bet won us about £2400 and the tickets were booked that afternoon.

If only it was always that easy!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I put £200 on France to win the World Cup in 2006 at 25/1 after they had messed up their first two matches in the group games. Les Bleus then started to click into gear, sneaked into the last 16, then beat Brazil in the QF and the slimy Portuguese in the semis.

I was flying back from Russia where I had been working on the day of the WC Final, but managed to watch the first half hour, and when I boarded the flight I was mentally spending the £5,000 winnings thanks to ZZ's goal. Got off the flight and went 'D'Oh'.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
£220 win on The National a couple of years ago. I know nothing about the gee gees, but my step-daughter is called Amber, and one of my best mates is called Leigh, so I picked Amberleigh house. 16/1 winner.
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here