Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the longest you have gone without seeing an Albion away win?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
After Sunday it has dawned on me that I haven't seen us win or draw on the road since Colchester in March 2002! Anyone better that?
p.s. should be going to Swindon so get your money on a home win or draw.:nono:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My record run is from March 1995 (when we bought Orient) to March 2000 (when we beat Lincoln), I saw a few draws but most of the rest were miserable defeats.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nearly seventeen years when I lived in Canada:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have never seen more than two defeats consecutively, even in div 1 last season.

I just wish I could have got to more games then.

Tallulah Gosh

Dec 4, 2003
Brighton
I went from Exeter away to when we won at Aldershot in the cup without seeing a win. Averaging around 8 away games a season for 7 years without a win.

In that time when I travelled in the coaches they broke down 3 times. Aaahh Happy Days.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't seen us win away since Port Vale :(

9 matches in a row - Pompey, Palace, Derby, Walsall, Grimsby, Colchester, Bournemouth, Brentford & Peterboro
:( :(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Billy Seagull said:
I haven't seen us win away since Port Vale :(

9 matches in a row - Pompey, Palace, Derby, Walsall, Grimsby, Colchester, Bournemouth, Brentford & Peterboro
:( :(

I do hope you are planning to stop at home for the rest of the season ;) :p

I managed a run from Woking away in the cup 1992, until Cambridge away in 1999, before I witnessed an away win. During the promotion years, it was hard to put my curse on the team. My jinx has returned. My last away win? Port vale away. :shootself

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
My last (and only) away win was oldham at the beginning of this season, so qpr was my 5 away game without a win

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I hate to say this but the last time I can remember being at an away match which Brighton won was the sixth round of the FA cup in 1983, ie the legendary Liverpool game. I must have been to a winning away fixture since then but I haven't seen much of Brighton in the last 15 years or so. In recent years I've been to Carlisle twice and seen us lose and draw and I've been to Peterborough this season and seen us draw. Hopefully Blackpool away next April will stop the sequence.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Bit like you Jambo, I saw us win the semi final and then maybe went to two or three a season and didn't see an away win until the aldershot cup match.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Orient away in 1995 'til Doncaster away in, um, 1997 - or was it 98?

I was so excited that I, along with many others, invaded the pitch at the end.

I shook Kerry Mayo's hand and he looked at me like I was a right nutter. :lolol:

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
My last win game was the last game of the season before last or port vale away. i only saw 2 goals away last year and 1 this season. ipswich(rouge) and Qpr (mcphee)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Erm, it's gotta be well over 10 years. I can remember seeing the Albion beating Ipswich at Portman Road when Kevin Bremner and Garry Nelson were still the front two in about '89 (anyone remember when the game was? We came from behind to win 2-3 I think). The next away win I saw was this year, that great night out at Reading when we won 1-2 and took the mick out of their flag!!).

:lolol:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Last time I saw an away win was Peterborough away at the end of the 01/02 season. I've been to just over ten matches since then, but no wins. I only go to away matches, so I've seen no wins in 2003.

Prior to that season I hadn't seen an away win since Newcastle in 1991 (but what a win that was!). That was ten years.

Next up is probably Wycombe in the new year. I'm hopeful (but I'm aways hopeful).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here