Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the FIRST record you ever remember hearing?

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle of the road - In my Dads old car when I was about 3, was the first song I remember listening to. Bits and Pieces by The Dave Clark Five also sticks in my mind - Thank God it wasn't Glad all over or who knows what would of happened - Shit that's scary!!
1st Album I bought was Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy - I was 10.
Used to clear out all the old juke boxes for the landlords round the Horsham area and built my record collection up from there, now own approx 7k on vinyl.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra. I've had a 'thing' for boots ever since, funnily enough.. :whistle:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
First thing I remember actually registering was "Bohemian Rhapsody" I can clearly remember ity coming on the radio and my little mind thinking WOW, very very clear memory of where I was etc.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
From out of the mists of time I seem to remember a God awfull dirge by Eartha Kitt called 'The day that the Circus left town', it was on an old 78 and used to scare the hell out of me each time I heard it (I must have been about 3 or 4).
Music to slit your wrists to
:(

[yt]e8iId7MdajU[/yt]

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Judy in Disguise - John fred and his Playboy Band

or possible earlioer that that either Jailhouse Rock or Wooden Heart.

How old does that make me...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The Model by Kraftwerk c.1981/2 which I believe got to no.1. Very dated now but still sounds good imho.

Kraftwerk were the first live band that I went to see (can't remember how old, but my brother took me). I do remember falling asleep during it though.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The first record I BOUGHT was You Wear it Well by Rod Stewart

Thats a very mature purchase for a nipper..mine was "The Martian Hop" by Rocky Sharp and the Replays.

I remember it all too well.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Dunno where this comes from but for me it's Orinoco Flow by Enya.

Also have memories of my dad playing The Beautiful South, Madness and Squeeze on the stereo.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Daddy Cool - Boney M

"She's crazy like a fool...."

:afro::afro::afro::afro::afro:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here