Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the earliest you have left a game?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
When Murray's goal went in in THAT game, 90 minutes or something? I always stay till the end, apart from that game.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I left that game 20 minutes before time. I wasn't prepared to sit there & watch Palace humiliate us. It was only a matter of time before they scored, so I left. We were being overpowered. I could stand no more.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Depends on when any game finishes but I have never left prior to two/three minutes after CMS, or whoever, (if CMS subbed) has done his clap fans thing.

If they have that respect for us then I have the same respect for the team.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Left before half time at macclesfield once back in the late 90's, awful stadium watching awful teams. Went to the local pub instead.

Are you sure that wasn't the match at Macclesfield that was called off just before kick-off and we ALL went to the pub?!

The only game I remember leaving more than a few minutes early was away to Luton in the 80s, when we were 4-0 down. Didn't seem much point in staying any longer and I wanted to avoid all the usual nonsense that happened on the way back to the station at every game in those days.

We lost 5-0, incidentally, so I missed the fifth goal. Until a few weeks ago, it was the heaviest Albion defeat I'd witnessed.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
57 minutes away against Barnet - it was pissing down with rain and we were awful. The bloody stewards at Barnet wouldn't let us under cover so when when of our several loanees - Emeka Ifejiagwa (sp) scored for us i took my shivering soaked self back down to the Northern line and gently steamed all the way back into London

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Am I the only one that's a little bit confused by what happened on the first page?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i left the Holland v england friendly a few years back 45 mins before kick off.....in my defense i turned up a good hour and a half before kick off and was seriously off my tits.Not only had boredom set in but i was unable to compute how smoking something named after a russian assault rifle might interfere with my normal thought process.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I have only ever left two games before the final whistle. The most recent was this season's game v Palace, and the only other one was the 4-0 defeat at home to Stoke, when we last got relegated from the 2nd tier. I will put up with a poor performance, but not when it's coupled with a lack of any effort or passion.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Got thrown out by a member of the constabulary at Craven Cottage about 5 mins BEFORE kick off!

About 1985 I think.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Only once about 20 mins from time. It was in the 1980s I recall 3 - 0 down at half time against an Oxford side at least 2 divisions below us!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
90 mins but only if the ref blows bang
on time.
I noticed that the Old Trafford faithful were pouring out yesterday with Man U winning 2-0, unfortunately the desire to beat the rush seems to overpower the desire to applaud your team off at the end :(

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Pretty sure that we did a mass walkout of a game in 95/96/97? Walking out after a fireworks display behind the East Stand after about 20 minutes?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Got chucked out of The Goldstone a few times. But I never leave before clapping the last Albion player off of the pitch. If they don't deserve a round of applause (ie the palace game) then I will still stand there and watch them leave.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Left before half time during the 5-1 McGhee debacle against Stoke. Had family down and realised I was better off spending my time with them than watching that shite.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Norway v England before it kicked off, however I was "removed" so to speak

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Left at half time once at Withdean. Can't remember who we were playing but I had a cold. If was FREEZING and were getting turned over. Walked back to the long man for a hot toddy

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
notts county play off final,well oiled and well pissed off,even missed our goal:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here