Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the earliest you have left a game?

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
I know we complain about people sloping off 5 minutes early to catch the train, or 20 minutes early because we were getting thrashed at Smellhurst, but this evening I did something I have never done before!

I went to watch my local side in Vietnam. It started raining about 10 minutes into the game and after about 20 minutes half the crowd disappeared, cowering underneath the stand as the rain became a torrent. 25 minutes of continuous rain later, the half time whistle apparently blew and we decided to give it up as a bad job and went to the pub instead! Not sure how they managed to complete the game but they did with the visiting underdogs winning 2-0.

Photos on Facebook!

Russ

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One hour before kick off against Notts County Reserves

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
3 minutes in,first game of 2000 went back over the sportsman for a drink???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I personally don't see the point in leaving a game early. I'm not into rushing around or trying the beat the traffic or getting to front of queues etc. I find life is much easier and enjoyable if you set yourself enough time to do everything you want to do. Why do people leave early? Does it really make a significant difference?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've never left a game voluntarily before the final whistle but did get ejected once from the Goldstone for being Brahms & Liszt.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
this is most certainly NOT safe standing

545032_10150613420271887_647836886_9246858_1132215854_n.jpg

that looks pretty scary

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I don't think I've left a match before the 80 minute mark. Thing is, I don't usually leave at all before half-time, so it's not like I'm missing 10-15 mins before the end of each half.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Can't remember ever having left a game early, but will be having to duck out of the Brum home game at half time, due to having to auctioneer at a charity auction. Highly unusual, most annoying but I'd rather see half the game than none of it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
5 minutes before the end of a couple of away games this season as i had tight connections to make on trains using advance tickets, didnt want to risk it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Just before halftime in a 0-0 game in the extreme cold.The young lady I was with had some ideas about getting warmed up which seemed rather more attractive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here