Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the difference...

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
...between taking the piss out of someone who is ginger and someone who is black?

Surely calling someone a ****** is the ultimate anti-racist action? It just means you don't care about people's colour and see it as the same as being ginger or ugly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well that's one of those odd conundrums isn't it ? An Afro Carribean calling another a '******' is acceptable but if a white man did the same he's most likely get a slap. Mind you, as I posted earlier Black people don't tend to associate the cruelty and oppression of Slavery, Apartied and the Klu Klux Klan etc. with fellow blacks.

Hence most would consider a white man doing using that word somewhat henious.

Last edited:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
The thing that annoys me is when blacks call each other NIGGERS and that is acceptable, however if whites call them the same, it is racist (intentful or not).

:nono:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
bhaexpress said:
Well that's one of those odd conundrums isn't it ? An Afro Carribean calling another a '******' is acceptable but if a white man did the same he's most likely get a slap.

Exactly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Citrus said:
The thing that annoys me is when blacks call each other NIGGERS and that is acceptable, however if whites call them the same, it is racist (intentful or not).

:nono:

More often than not Afro Carribeans use that word as a term of familiarity, very few white people do.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Citrus said:

Tell me, are you a Sun journalist ? You're quoted me out of contect to suit your own agenda.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
jonogulls said:
...between taking the piss out of someone who is ginger and someone who is black?

Surely calling someone a ****** is the ultimate anti-racist action? It just means you don't care about people's colour and see it as the same as being ginger or ugly.
I don't recall ever seeing a man with ginger skin:lolol:

you silly ******:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here