Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Sometimes you've just got to blow a few cobwebs out of your head, and for me that will nearly always involve Quo. I love many various genres of music but for me sometimes, just sometimes nothing else fits my mood and I have to have a fix of Mr Rossi, Mr Parfitt and Co. I first heard Softer Ride as the B side of Paper Plane back in 72, and I nearly turned it off as it starts very quietly as an almost acoustic blues type of thing, but then after 57 seconds BANG, and it turns into a loud raunchy blues/rock pile-driver of a song (pun intended) that Quo do so very well.

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I have been reading about Mick Ronson this morning and came across this

Rock N' Roll!

https://youtu.be/BC9zuwfeebw

Lucky enough to see Mick Ronson with Bowie back in 73 at The Dome, this was Bowie's Aladdin Sane/Farewell to Ziggy Stardust tour and Mick Ronson was outstanding (Bowie was pretty good as well). Mick was a very talented musician who was also a writer, producer, and arranger as well, another one who died far too soon.

:thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sometimes you've just got to blow a few cobwebs out of your head, and for me that will nearly always involve Quo. I love many various genres of music but for me sometimes, just sometimes nothing else fits my mood and I have to have a fix of Mr Rossi, Mr Parfitt and Co. I first heard Softer Ride as the B side of Paper Plane back in 72, and I nearly turned it off as it starts very quietly as an almost acoustic blues type of thing, but then after 57 seconds BANG, and it turns into a loud raunchy blues/rock pile-driver of a song (pun intended) that Quo do so very well.

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Part of a very good side 2 of Hello - Caroline/Softer Ride/And It's Better Now/Forty-Five Hundred Times

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Well, all that and basically becoming God as well, just to tick all the bases..... What was the BBC’s problem FFS? [emoji23]

The absolute GENIUS and no f###s given of "former teen pop heartthrob" Scott Walker.

I must admit I've never heard the original so will have a look.

Well this is weird, I hadn't heard this song broadcast for years, sitting in the car at Holmbush this afternoon waiting for Mrs BB when Steve Wright went and played it. It made me smile that I was listening to it on the channel that banned it 53 years ago!
:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Back to the 80's again and Erasure were one of several bands from that era that I really loved. Ended up buying 4 albums and seeing them in '89 at The Brighton Centre, and they were fantastic. Complete stage show with scenery, special effects and lighting combined with one of the loudest sound systems I've ever experienced. Andy Bell has a terrific vocal range and Vince Clarke is a superb songwriter as he proved with Depeche Mode and Yazoo before Erasure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here