Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Jul 20, 2003
holy moly folks

a constant stream of wonderful songs

I've probably put this up a few times before but I am currently obsessed with it

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
So the Pubs Going Downhill thread had me reminiscing tonight of the pubs I used to go to and the people I no longer know or see - the overriding memory I have of Peter Bywaters was trying to get him up off the floor after several bottles of Merrydown because the venue we were in was closing … and this sums up my feeling about England v USA tonight too ..

Peter is a good friend of mine, he is doing ok. I looked him up when I was there in August.
Loads of memories from the past, I once carried him home unconscious after we went to a beer festival in Hanover.
He crashed on my sofa and I caught him pissing in the kitchen sink the next morning.
Lucky it was empty !

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Peter is a good friend of mine, he is doing ok. I looked him up when I was there in August.
Loads of memories from the past, I once carried him home unconscious after we went to a beer festival in Hanover.
He crashed on my sofa and I caught him pissing in the kitchen sink the next morning.
Lucky it was empty !
Hi Mike

Good to hear Peter’s Ok -

(In fairness to Pete, there were a lot of us pissing in kitchen sinks and being carried out of bars in those days 😂)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just slipped into a Flesh040 wormhole...

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Been down the Youtube rabbit hole and found these guys - Some frenzied acoustic blue grass with mandolin, cello and banjo fronted by some whiskey rough vocals - these guys are worth checking out - The sort of band I’d stand and watch with a beer in my hand, standing in a marquee while they plucked and picked their way through a whole set.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hi Mike

Good to hear Peter’s Ok -

(In fairness to Pete, there were a lot of us pissing in kitchen sinks and being carried out of bars in those days 😂)
Guilty of that myself to be honest.
I once left my flat on the Saturday lunchtime of a Bank Holiday weekend, telling my then girl friend that I was going to get a newspaper.
I popped into the Oak on St James Street, which was my local, to read it over a pint.
Peter and a few others came in. One thing lead to another and I didn't get back to the flat till Tuesday !

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I once left my flat on the Saturday lunchtime of a Bank Holiday weekend …
I popped into the Oak on St James Street …
One thing lead to another and I didn't get back to the flat till Tuesday !
I’ll raise you - an evening at the Zap Club (before it became a dance club) to see some old mates and a mate of theirs perform led to me driving back to London with them after the gig for for the weekend then continuing on up to Manchester - I didn’t go back to Brighton and ended staying there for two years! Oh for a life unemcumberred!

Had the dubious pleasure of spending time with this lovely lady who was, sadly by the time I met her in the early 80’s already on a one way street:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here