Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Following my recent post on the lost pleasures of buying vinyl, I reached for my LP collection this morning. I've only got 2 Ry Cooder albums, bought 30 years apart. There are similarities between the two and this track caught my ear today, plus the opportunity to re-read the long and interesting liner notes on the inner sleeve. It's a slow burn, so probably won't suit our younger listeners who I tend to think want more instant musical gratification:)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I saw this chap just after he swept the board at the CMA Awards. He was on the show with Eric Church and Kacey Musgraves. Kacey stole the show on the night, but this is a fine song from his latest album:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ooh it’s a corner;9742121 said:
Do you remember this lot then H?

Saw them in Camden (the Underworld?). Jake Burns. I loved his optimism. Our Mancunian, Dick Witts was, I suspect, viewing the piece through a rather more English and left wing filter (that I shared at the time). Great track, though (The Passage). The keyboard crecendo reminded me of Gog, Magog, by Peter Hammil. And the weedy vocals add a bit of something. Not quite sure of the word....I may have to look one up :eek:

:thumbsup:

Edit, the Pin Drop album by the Passage is glorious. Bleak and angry. Just like me in 1980 :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here