Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is for yesterday when I was too busy warding off doom-mongers to think about posting music. Some glorious bittersweet synth pop, with many of my favourite things: English sung by an Italian who can't pronounce 'th', amazing voice, melody, absolute sincereity, and a certainty that 95% of my fellow humans will hate it :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCoS-6tsYF4

I bet [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] likes it, though.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lol...I saw them at the Dome perform just the album Crime of The Century... which I think was their second ...was full ..John Peel loved playing Dreamer on his late show..which got me into them

I was there too. So was [MENTION=37530]monty uk[/MENTION] I'll wager.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For today. I was looking for the Love and Betrayal album but it isn't on youtube. Astonishing.

This is a glorious blast from the past by this almost-completely neglected London band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa695x91Xbk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep.

Were they supported by Renaissance on that gig - dear old Mother Russia?

Yes, could be. Woman in long white dress droning on? I recall Chris De Burgh (before lady in red - thank goodness) supporting on a triple bill, could have been this, could have been Caravan. I still have the programmes....found them. Annie Haslam! Renaissance 'in concert' 1975. Caravan in concert 1975....a bit generic and no mention of who was supporting who.

The lyrics of Mother Russia written out in full, though. The lyrics are attributed to 'Betty Thatcher'! :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
This was filmed by British Pathe in 1964, so I assume it was for their news program shown at cinemas. It's a live playback (no crowd noises), no matter, it's still great to see a supergroup in their infancy.

This was recorded live at a performance in Ireland 1965

Put up two as I won't be posting tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here