Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just seen this video released 2 months ago for a re-pressing of a classic (some of you will def appreciate this from yesteryear). Apparently its out and now pressed on 140g green marbled vinyl, this new edition pays further homage to its roots as it has an obi strip for the tracklisting and comes housed in a Japanese-style mylar bag.

No idea what that means but i had to have a cold shower anyway.

A wonderful song.from my youth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m impressed with this find. Early and slightly raw original Eagles line up from 1974 with back up vocals from Jackson Browne and Linda Ronstadt. Some nice early County Rock...and live too :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/sieg538458s

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Rod Temperton was the sole Brit in Heatwave, keyboard player, author of this song and also Thriller by MJ (and many other hits too). Dodgy hairstyles and outfits are pure 70's, but what a choon!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m impressed with this find. Early and slightly raw original Eagles line up from 1974 with back up vocals from Jackson Browne and Linda Ronstadt. Some nice early County Rock...and live too :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/sieg538458s

Well found! Linda Ronstadt was gorgeous wasn’t she. Sadly a victim of Parkinson’s these days and can no longer sing. She had a beautiful voice. Great first album but already GF and DH wanted to head away from just pure country west coast and their second album was the last with the original foursome. It was their superb harmonies that first nailed it for me and they made some great music as they moved on up. This is from Desperado and shows off those harmonies

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just seen this video released 2 months ago for a re-pressing of a classic (some of you will def appreciate this from yesteryear). Apparently its out and now pressed on 140g green marbled vinyl, this new edition pays further homage to its roots as it has an obi strip for the tracklisting and comes housed in a Japanese-style mylar bag.

No idea what that means but i had to have a cold shower anyway.

A wonderful song.from my youth.

There was a period in my life when ALL I would listen to was 4AD Artists...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

I taped the Eagles in 1969 in concert BBC in B/W off the telly. Microphone hanging over the edge and everyone told to be quiet! I was asked in the students room at Lewes Tech who my favourite group was I said the Eagles and no one had heard of them! The only time I have been first!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I taped the Eagles in 1969 in concert BBC in B/W off the telly. Microphone hanging over the edge and everyone told to be quiet! I was asked in the students room at Lewes Tech who my favourite group was I said the Eagles and no one had heard of them! The only time I have been first!

You might want to rethink that date, as you seem to have heard the Eagles before they formed....in 1971 :lolol:

Poco who the Eagles recruited Randy Meisner from were very similar in sound and formed in 1968

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here