Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best last gasp goal the Albion have ever scored?

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Dean Wilkins free kick against Ipswich, 1991. One of the best pitch invasions ever at the Goldstone.

As an old Git this is the one for me, Last few minutes, so much at stake!!!!!! The North Stand was the place to be............back to the armchair..

Cheeky Chappie

Sep 27, 2007
Either you and I are remembering the same thing badly or it's possible that we had more than one such escape that season!

I remember Eric Potts scoring two very late goals against Sunderland. It was Feb 25th 1978. I did have to look that last bit up...

Sibroadway

SEAGULL Till I Die !!!!!
Jan 16, 2010
Brighton
Buckleys winner against Doncaster ! That feeling will never be forgotten ! It's the stuff dreams are made of.......

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Gary Hart's hand ball against Southend was class. After I saw a crazy southend fan try and take on about 5 old bill under the train tunnel was hilarious!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Virgo for me. I remember it was pissing it down that night. The deflation when we felt we'd blown it and the look on the Swindon managers(King?) face before/after the Virgo goal. Priceless. Buckley's was mega as well though. That through-ball from Noone with the outside of his foot. Sublime.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
For me, Buckley's winner has to be the winner. Bridcutt's winner against Carlisle last season is very worthy second, there were mad scenes on the running track at withers that day.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Wilkins V Ipswich. I was in the South Stand right behind the goal and the moment it left his foot you knew it was in. Interestingly that was Phil Parkes last ever game and the last thing he did was pick the ball out the net. The only gutter was I was 15 at the time and went on holiday the next day so missed playoff v Millwall and Notts County at Wembley.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I loved the obvious goals like Virgo, Sidwell, Sandaza and Buckley but must give an honourable mention to Knight at Bramhall Lane.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Virgo plus that winner at Sheffield Utd a few years back

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyone remember a match at the Goldstone against Boro in the late 80's or early 90's when Boro hadn't won for ages and scored a last minute winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here