Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best ever theme tune to a sports program?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Probably Sportsnight for me although I did love the Saint and Greavsie theme tune aswell.

Newcastle also run out to a tune that I think was a theme tune to a football show that I really liked but I havn't got a clue what it is, can anyone help?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
[yt]Wv7qY1TVnAY[/yt]

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Back in the 1980's when Channel 4 first started showing American Football they used some great stuff.

[yt]b3jEylUEcnU[/yt]
[yt]cyyHRoQyIy4[/yt]

(Before The Apprentice nicked it)
[yt]6Rp-0PasfMc[/yt]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Actually, this!

So many happy memories of getting back into the car on a cold Saturday afternoon after an Albion game with my old man and looking forward to hearing the results

Yeah me to, my Dad pulling me along to get back to the Triumph Dolomite somewhere around the greyhound stadium in the early 70s

Just how old is James Alexander Gordon, :bowdown: he must be about 150

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Grand National theme tune is pretty stirring.
I also like London Marathon music as it always brings back emotions of the first time I run in the race.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
"Pot Black" was always quite nifty

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Grand National theme tune is pretty stirring.

It was the theme from the film about Bob Champion and Aldaniti (called Champions I think). It was okay to start with but then they used it so much throughout the day it became tedious and they have stopped using it so much in the last year or two.

Can't believe that there is no vote for the old World of Sport theme tune. Whenever I hear it it always brings back memories of the plane with the WoS banner in the opening titles, Dickie Davies, the ITV Seven, speedway and of course, wrestling from some dingy northern hall with Kent Walton, Big Daddy, Mick McManus, Kendo Nagasaki, Giant Haystacks, Catweazle, etc.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Im young dont know most of the ones posted, so for me its either
[yt]HLHMxFGqhIs[/yt]
or
MOTD
or
[yt]8x45Ht_56as[/yt]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not saying this is the best by a long shot, but it makes me feel proper nostalgic when I hear it :clap:

[yt]1Z3-1QLzJzM[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here