Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best ending to a TV show?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dr house, season 8 the final ever episode is an absolute cracker. Possibly the greatest t.v series I have ever watched and it ended so brilliantly
Did it end with House being dismissive of a case.
Then getting intrigued by conventional medicine making it worse.
Then he 'cured' the patient.
Only to actually bring them to the verge of death.
Causing House to break medical, ethical, and send his team out to break societies laws.
So House can then cure the patient and have them happily walk from the hospital.
While House plays a blues riff on the piano.

Oh and it's raining.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Thought the ending of Ashes to Ashes was brilliant. Had no idea how they would pull it all together like that.

Never got round to watching the last series of Ashes to Ashes, but the ending of Life on Mars was incredible. Kept me thinking for weeks that did.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Did it end with House being dismissive of a case.
Then getting intrigued by conventional medicine making it worse.
Then he 'cured' the patient.
Only to actually bring them to the verge of death.
Causing House to break medical, ethical, and send his team out to break societies laws.
So House can then cure the patient and have them happily walk from the hospital.
While House plays a blues riff on the piano.

Oh and it's raining.

No, Wilson got cancer and was given 6 months to live but House was on police bail so had to stay in the hospital under supervision. House faked his own death by placing a body from the morge in a burning building so could only be identified by the dental records and the end scene has House approaching Wilson after Houses funeral and the two ride off on motorbikes for an adventure that sees them living out Wilsons favourite things rather than the usual of them doing everything House wants to do

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
FlashForward never even got a second series, let alone a third. Great premise, terrible execution. Would agree with The Sopranos and would also add West Wing.
I think you're right, but I think in Britain it was shown in two chunks. Could be wrong as I only watched parts of it out of family loyalty.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

<<<<<<<<<----------- when THIS ends its gonna be IMMENSE

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I think you're right, but I think in Britain it was shown in two chunks. Could be wrong as I only watched parts of it out of family loyalty.

Yeah, think the writer's strike played a part in it being shown in two chunks. Despite knowing it had been cancelled (and being largely a load of old pony) I kept watching right to the end. :ffsparr:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
The ending of The Hills was a beautiful thing. 6 seasons of top quality reality TV, then BAM, turns out it wasn't real all along. WHO KNEW!?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought "The Office" had a brilliant final ending with Tim and Dawn, David Brent getting a real girlfriend and telling Chris Finch to f*** off.

Also, that Olympic comedy '2012' had quite a good ending too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here