Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best cure for a hangover?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was told by my grandfather that during the war the pilots after getting sqiffy they would swear by....... Ice cream because of the way they force the ice cream into the containers with lots of air bubbles !! oxygen for the brain and blood. failing that I swear by sainsbury fruit fizzy water only £1.50 for 4 !!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This and only this...........

Resolve_10x.jpg

I stick to ibuprofen. Lots of alcohol + paracetomol = liver failure.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Fresh Orange Juice, water, and ( you won't like this... ) go for a run to metabolise away the hangover.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Fry up and orange juice does it for me. Or failing that, anything with plenty of grease.

If you can manage it, exercise helps too.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Best thing I find is to drink as much water as you can when you come home - at least a pint of water if not two - and take a couple of paracetamols.

In the morning - more water and more painkillers.

Berrocca is good though but I have that every morning anyway regardless of whether I have been on the pop the night before!

Oct 25, 2003
-orange juice/squash
-strawberry milk
-muller fruit corner
-lucozade
-ribena
-cocacola (definitely, and always the full fat version)

any of them really

i'm not really into the whole eating to cure a hangover thing, your number 1 enemy is dehydration so get as much liquid on board as possible

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
A pint of warm water with sugar in it. Bosh!

Also drinking water through the night and before you go to bed and have water near your bed through the night. As others have said all a hangover is is your dehydration causing a headache. Combat this by drinking plenty of water. In my younger days I'd only drink Vodka and Soda, because all the water prevents a hangover.

Oct 25, 2003
and all hair of the dog does is delay the inevitable, and when the inevitable occurs it's going to be worse

a rollover hangover if you will

very much a short term FIX

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I stick to ibuprofen. Lots of alcohol + paracetomol = liver failure.

Yep. How my liver hasn't waved the white flag before now I'll never know. l always drink two pints of water plus 2 Anadin Extra (supermarket own brand equivalent) when I get in from a session. Not good at all.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep. How my liver hasn't waved the white flag before now I'll never know. l always drink two pints of water plus 2 Anadin Extra (supermarket own brand equivalent) when I get in from a session. Not good at all.

That CANNOT be good, they have caffiene in.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Fish and Chips and Full fat Cherry Coke.

Only problem with this is getting hold of the fish and chips at 09:00 in the morning.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Ibuprofen can agitate dodgy stomachs though, which isn't always what you want on a hangover.

Very true this, gets the old gullet in a spasm..............spend the rest of the day lying about clutching my chest. Resolve, my post party friend

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
f***ing lightweights....the only way to avoid a proper hangover is to stay up drinking all night and then hit the boozer for the lunch time sesh the next day.........this will leave you feeling like you are flying on a spaceship made of jelly rather than hung-over........unless you get stuck into the naughties in which case you may as welltry and make it totea time on the second day and then have a day off.....here endeth the lesson..!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here