Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's going to happen when the endorphins run out...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...and we have to go back to the real world?

Last night was such a national high.
Surely there aren't that many bah humbugs left.

But all good thinks come to end, which means we'll have to face up to unemployment, recession, Syria, Afghanistan, the depressing list goes on.

We've one hell of a hang over round the corner. :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol:
But we are European Champions, now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I want to know where all the miseries who weren't going to bother with the Olympics and weren't interested, are now? I know there's another week to go yet but the Games are a resounding success as far as I'm concerned and put the majority of people into a good mood. Britain has had a great year with the Jubilee and all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I very much doubt anybody predicted the Olympics would produce a night like, last night.
Any miseries now, are just plan wrong, or Daily Mail racist, so should just be ignored.

I won't go so far as to say it was worth the money, that's a job for historians, but blimey I'm so happy it was here and not Paris.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

But all good thinks come to end, which means we'll have to face up to unemployment, recession, Syria, Afghanistan, the depressing list goes on.

Loving your optimism!:shootself

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I want to know where all the miseries who weren't going to bother with the Olympics and weren't interested, are now? I know there's another week to go yet but the Games are a resounding success as far as I'm concerned and put the majority of people into a good mood. Britain has had a great year with the Jubilee and all.

Absolutely, what made the best Saturday of 2012 even better was thinking how sad and lonely the whingers were last night

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

oh dear....unless you have severe personal problems i would say get on with it......you only get one go at it.....x

I want to know where all the miseries who weren't going to bother with the Olympics and weren't interested, are now?

I'm happy to admit that I am a complete convert. A few months ago I was totally 'meh' about the Olympics but have been totally captured by it, buying tickets, clothing, and cheering on sports I have no understanding of.

Long term, hopefully the Games really will 'inspire a generation', with people looking more towards the likes of Ennis and Farah rather than Jordan and Rooney.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
oh dear....unless you have severe personal problems i would say get on with it......you only get one go at it.....x
It's pretty crap being me, most of the time.
I was the man playing down our velodrome chances, and bet actual money against Wiggins, in the time trial. :facepalm:

My only saving grace is when nights like last night do come around, my 'high' is supremely 'high'.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's pretty crap being me, most of the time.
I was the man playing down our velodrome chances, and bet actual money against Wiggins, in the time trial. :facepalm:

My only saving grace is when nights like last night do come around, my 'high' is supremely 'high'.

guess i owe you an apology then ....sorry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just read Clarkson's missive on the Olympics, opening ceremony, and health and Safety.

To paraphrase:-

Everything is brilliant, everything is working well and on time, we are successful and popular.
If this were to carry on we'd be left in a state of Swiss precision, with nothing for our comedians to rally against.

All the while Germany are heading down the tubes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here