Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats going on in this country?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
We just had another Polish person knock on the door trying to sell pictures. Again a note was handed over saying they where ill and needed money.

They say that they get a better life over here, but how can they better off when they need to beg and lie to get money?

I have no problems with people coming to this country to earn a living whatsoever, but what the hell is going when people come knocking on the door.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If they are Polish and living here then they are entitled to free treatment on the NHS, by producing an E111, as are we in their country. Unless the system has changed in the last few years.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
We just had another Polish person knock on the door trying to sell pictures. Again a note was handed over saying they where ill and needed money.

They say that they get a better life over here, but how can they better off when they need to beg and lie to get money?

I have no problems with people coming to this country to earn a living whatsoever, but what the hell is going when people come knocking on the door.

Had that last year. had some girl and lad k,nock on the door, got the picture and ripped it up and gave her boyfriend a good kicking in my back garden, she started crying then my sister kicked her in the fanny chops, broke his noise and a couple of black eyes. we haven't seen the scum since :bigwave:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If they are Polish and living here then they are entitled to free treatment on the NHS, by producing an E111, as are we in their country. Unless the system has changed in the last few years.

It has, but only because its now a smartcard (EHIC) not a bit of paper (E111).

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I don't think you'll find it different in any other first world country...

Begging happens the world over!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sure it wasn't a London Road feral? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had that last year. had some girl and lad k,nock on the door, got the picture and ripped it up and gave her boyfriend a good kicking in my back garden, she started crying then my sister kicked her in the fanny chops, broke his noise and a couple of black eyes. we haven't seen the scum since :bigwave:

Then you woke up :tosser:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

what you mean like jehova's witnesses, scientologists, double glazing sales men and prospective parliamentary candidates...they all want something from you!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Have you ever visited a cashpoint in Brighton??

They ask for spare change...erm no mate, I only have NOTES. That's why I'm at a cashpoint. Go hang out by the arcade machines.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

As a matter of polite interest how do you know this person was Polish ? The vast majority of Poles here are working both cheaply and well. I wouldn't argue about illegal immigrants and think we are too soft on them. However there's any number of Antipodeans working here quite legally using a system that is not reciprocated in their own countries. There's also no shortage of South Africans and Zimbabwaens who have moved here to escape from the situations in their countries of origin, the gravy trains there having run out of steam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here