Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's everyone doing on May 19th?

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Mrs Weezle has just tried booking a weekend away with friends. I've told her no way. I'm keeping that weekend free.

Is that wise or tempting fate?

How are you treating this day. Making plans as usual or keeping it free just in case?

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
It was mentioned at work today about some kind of event taking place on that day, i assured them i will be not be attending said event.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
The wife tried to book us that weekend away to visit friends in Coventry about two months ago, I'm so glad I checked the fixtures list and promptly put it back a week (just in case)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Booked a holiday in Cyprus and deliberately missed Barnsley game so as to attend play offs and Wembley if we reach there but assumed it was last Saturday of May as usual but it isnt this year. Luckily I shall be back home by then.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Thought I'd count some chickens.

Have to get through 9 more games before a potentially amazing game at Wembley.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We have formulated a cunning plan due to my best mate securing tickets for England v West Indies at Lords. The plan is cricket first and then nip up to Wembley and then stagger back to cricket to celebrate our glorious promotion.

Anyway that's the dream and didn't see much sense in turning down the cricket tickets

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Mrs Weezle has just tried booking a weekend away with friends. I've told her no way. I'm keeping that weekend free.

Is that wise or tempting fate?

How are you treating this day. Making plans as usual or keeping it free just in case?

Christ, I hadn't thought about the date, thanks for the heads up. I've just penciled it in on the calendar, and according to my wife, if it's not on the calendar it doesn't exist in either space or time.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Christ, I hadn't thought about the date, thanks for the heads up. I've just penciled it in on the calendar, and according to my wife, if it's not on the calendar it doesn't exist in either space or time.

Same as mine. I now have it firmly in the diary. Fingers crossed we're doing something I want to do that day, not a trip to the shops!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I shall be in Barcelona
Springsteen is playing there on 17th and 18th and the group of people I'm going with suggested that as it was European Cup Final night and as Barcelona could potentially be in said European Cup Final wouldn't it be great to actually watch it in Barcelona - not knowing the dates for the play off final I agreed and booked hotels and plane trips on that basis !!!
Ah well . . .could be a good omen as I missed the last play off final which we won. The only one I've been to was the 1991 play off final which we lost so . . .perhaps i could suggest to the great and good of NSC that I'll promise to stay away for a modest sum !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't tempt fate, count chickens etc. Just cancel anything else should we make it.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I was in the ballot for the England vs West Indies test at Lords on 19th as well. Didn't get a ticket, so booked to go on the 20th instead. All without a single thought to the play off dates, but it seems to have worked out well for me. Hopefully two top class events in two days!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I was in the ballot for the England vs West Indies test at Lords on 19th as well. Didn't get a ticket, so booked to go on the 20th instead. All without a single thought to the play off dates, but it seems to have worked out well for me. Hopefully two top class events in two days!

I've got tickets for the 20th too.
Could be a great weekend.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone on know what time KO would be? I'm assuming it would be an evening game?

3pm I should think.

I've got a best mate's stag do (he doesn't like football) but I've told him I may not be able to make it. It's also my mum's birthday but she'd come to the game.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Kept clear to much frustration at home particularly as I can't take leave over the summer due to the Sporing event so there were mutterings that we'd go on holiday in May I have killed that now due to potential play off games but wouldn't intentionally miss this for the world!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here