Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats every one up to today ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Off to Brugges for a day trip then back to Antwerp for a night of part-aying.

I haven't been sober for 10 days now - happy time!!:clap:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I had toast with marmalade for breakfast, which I suspect will be amongst the high points of today.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
This morning I sewed eight nappies for the baby and started to knit a wool soaker.

Stopped for lunch, this afternoon I need to make another air freshener costume for the baby for a party next week.

Pick the older children up from school take one to Italian lessons and the other to ice skating.

Exciting times here in the Starry household.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I shall spend a great deal of time reading stuff on the internet whilst waiting for a slow old Gateway laptop to do its thing.

Then after work I shall go and motor up and down the pool in the Speccie.

Then I shall eat some fish and chips, and download some video footage of my holiday onto the computer.

Then bed.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
gwpdylan said:
am gonna be working out how to buy 9 days food with £2 :( God bless the DSS...

Where do you live?

If you have a food bank they would sort you out.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It's a gorgeous day here in Ýzmir. 22 degress... blue skies and from my office balcony I can see right across the bay. Picked up my final documents for residence this morning. Now working on a project and tonight going to loko at some flats to rent..... oh and of course play with my six month old daughter who has now learned to raise her arms when daddy says 'Seagulls' :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Basil Fawlty said:
I was going to go to Job Centre, but the weather looks terrible. So I might give it a miss today.

That is not the attitude young man! :lol:

The longer this drags on, the harder it is going to get. Gaining a job is a lot to do with confidence - get you foot on the ladder somewhere and then build on that. Fill up the CV and so on...

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Performing electrical checks on the amplifiers and associated hardware of the latest ASTRA satellite.

At 4:30 I have to pick my son up from football training with Pompey In The Community. He's easy to spot in his Albion kit.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Basil Fawlty said:
I was going to go to Job Centre, but the weather looks terrible. So I might give it a miss today.

Try job hunting on the Internet, its far more fruitful than the Job Centre anyway. If you need help feel free to PM me.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Basil Fawlty said:

Maybe loads of others will think this way and you could nip in and get the job of your dreams

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just got back from my morning job in Southampton. It's always music to my ears when I call the office to find that there's no more jobs to do in the area :clap:
I think my afternoon of working from home will mostly consist of Poker and 'one handed surfing'. :clap2:

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Starry said:
Where do you live?

If you have a food bank they would sort you out.

littlehampton, dont think there is anything like it here, but hey the supernoodles could be a good idea...anyhow at 20 st ill not starve :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I sit mostly fuming today. An unbreathable gas. Neon. Or xenon. The magic air.
This morning, i was looking for about 38 seconds online at some news. Not work-related. And my manager came over and asked me to leave that until lunchtime. Now, at lunchtime i must turn away from the glaring light of workplace and the stress of seeking solutions for foreigners who call. So, i go down the park and do a crossword or close my eyes for moments to rest the kindle deeper down. At the park i can;t go online to check things, can i? NO. DUMBO! Anyway, i am annoyed with the change at work from human to robot, forever noted for stats rather than say or thought.
So, i am bothered for the day.

Last edited:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Starry said:
This morning I sewed eight nappies for the baby and started to knit a wool soaker.

Stopped for lunch, this afternoon I need to make another air freshener costume for the baby for a party next week.

Pick the older children up from school take one to Italian lessons and the other to ice skating.

Exciting times here in the Starry household.

Do you make your own nappies? how cool is that.

Today I shall be mostly sitting at my computer in work trying to do as little as possible and then going shopping to buy a juicer - oh and then home to watch Bon Jovi being inducted into the Hall of Fame on Channel 4.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Never know what I am going to do till I get there. Just got home from work, and today I ...

- attended fire alarms activating at a technology centre
- attended an accident on the M11
- attended another accident on the M11
- attended a 'full emergency' at stansted airport

In between time I did some training scenarios with the rest of the crew, did some paperwork and I drank lots of tea too :)

Bry Nylon said:
Never know what I am going to do till I get drunk. Just got home from school, and today I ...

- activated fire alarms at a technology centre
- caused an accident on the M11
- caused another accident on the M11
- started a 'full emergency' at stansted airport

In between time I torched some trains with the rest of the crew, did some paperwork and I drank lots of cider too :)

Jesus Christ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here