Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's caused the downfall of this country?

What's the cause?

• Education

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Drugs

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Rap music

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Teenagers

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Violence

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Blacks

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • Tony Blair

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Single Mums

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • The Iraq War

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't disagree with anything you've said either DJM except that I don't believe the £39K or £60K cut-offs are anything to do with class; just financial limits pure and simple.
All I can say is that my wife and I planned for the eventuality that both our kids might go to university and this has impacted upon many of the financial, housing and employment decisions we have taken over the past 13-14 years. We knew that, regardless of the party of government, the situation would never be the same as when we were there in the 70's and 80's so we made our funding of their university education a priority.

It's a shame that it has come to this though. If you want an education then you have to pay for it. I am all for encouraging people to learn, not create an environment where only the really determined give it a go. Everyone should have one shot at a degree. Anything else strikes me as anti-intellectual.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To name two, Financial Service and Creative Industries. In both areas we lead the world and Europe.

As I said at the time, saying the UK has better financial services than another country is like saying you prefer eating broken glass to barbed wire.

Can you kindly point out to me which element of the UK sector which is collapsing round our ears as I write is good?

I am currently taking anything anyone says about the financial sector with a huge pinch of salt so it had better be a good reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here