Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats all this tosh about being Welsh on Saturday ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry, I don't get this, the Welsh hate our guts and our second homes but love the money we give them through the Welsh Development Agency.

So, why is there all this rubbish about supporting Wales ? There is NO chance of me cheering Wales on tomorrow and, if the boot was on the other foot would they support us ? I think not.

May the better team win

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Sorry, I don't get this, the Welsh hate our guts and our second homes but love the money we give them through the Welsh Development Agency.

So, why is there all this rubbish about supporting Wales ? There is NO chance of me cheering Wales on tomorrow and, if the boot was on the other foot would they support us ? I think not.

May the better team win

If wales were playing Iraq at Polo sat on camels using a human head as a ball,I would want Iraq to win.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Listening to the radio today and most of the stupid taffs (am I allowed to say that?) were more interested in having a pop at England not being in the semi finals than actually enjoying the fact that they were. Bitter and sad, just enjoy it ffs!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Listening to the radio today and most of the stupid taffs (am I allowed to say that?) were more interested in having a pop at England not being in the semi finals than actually enjoying the fact that they were. Bitter and sad, just enjoy it ffs!

I don't get the 'England's out, let's support [Wales, Scotland, Ireland] mentality. I'm happy to see any of them lose in any sport.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

May the better team win

Are you going to destroy all the leeks in your allotment?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

May the better team win

Completely agreed. I will actually be actively supporting the frogs

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I don't really get the hatred for the welsh, scots and irish and to be fair I have never got any back other than a twat of a barman in Glasgow years ago that refused to serve me because I had a english accent. Saying that, I only knew there was a rugby tournament going on when england got knocked out the other day so I can't be very observant.

My wife is welsh and there's a bit of good banter between me and her family about nationalities but never malice.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

Your a racist. You said "Taff" Craig Bellamy's lawyers will be on to you now

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I don't want to be in Wales. I have been in a Welsh bint and I would like to be in Kathrine Jenkins. Thank you. :sheep:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When??? and how old was she??? what was her name??? what did she look like ????= QUOTE]

My daughter was born in Wales!!!! :)

It's all right Tone, she was a British Caledonian Air Hostess. I met her Dad when I ventured across the bridge to Cardiff to visit her at her Mum and Dads one weekend. He was really Welsh. :down:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
it's rugby! who cares? Wouldn't give a crap if it was England v England in the final. Minority sports do my head in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here