Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's a 3G pitch and who can't train on it and why?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Glad somebody caught up. I think 20 rooms is a little exageration as it was on twitter that Hoskins Sparrow and Bridcutt are in 1 room so assuming the rest are at least twinned it wouldnt need that many.

Gus said 20 rooms in his interview on Player.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Gus on the club website:

"We were in a great hotel last night but when it's that good it is very difficult for us to re-book another 20 rooms for tonight.

I've heard there may be rooms available here....Travelodge, how hard can it be?

As mentioned by most the 3G surface can punish niggling injuries as you don't get as much give as a natural surface but has come on massively over the last 5 years or so. I train on 3G, we have a couple of players that can't always train as they have joint issues!!! the bounce and roll are very true, I think that these type of pitches will get better and possibly become the norm in the future. (they also have one at Brighton Uni behind the Amex and Old Varndenians play all year round on it as do Ashurst Wood at the East Grinstead Sports Centre)

I play at said East Grinstead Sports Centre and can confirm that 3g should be the way forward, so realistic and reduces sliding tackles and promotes passing football

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Maybe we just have three or four players who's wives go disco-mental, when they get home from training on 3G, and take their shoes off, covering the lounge carpet with those tiny little bits of rubber crumb?

Especially when they find out its their husband's turn to wash the kit

---
I am here: Google Maps

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just hope the players brought enough spare pants to last them the duration :ohmy:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I just hope the players brought enough spare pants to last them the duration :ohmy:

Apparently our kitmen were spotted in the local primark buying out their stocks of undies and socks because the players only brought nightbags :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With all that spare time on their hands the players should have been made to wash their own in the bath!

Now hold on! That's why Graeme Smith walked back to Haggis country (where wives know their place and clubs do the players' washing :) )

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I play at said East Grinstead Sports Centre and can confirm that 3g should be the way forward, so realistic and reduces sliding tackles and promotes passing football

3G has a role to play, during snow, ice and rain for sure, but it doesnt come close to a well kept grass pitch in my opinion.

If we are comparing like for like in terms of a well kept grass pitch then there is no reason why the 3G has any advantages over grass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here