Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to Simon Chamberlain?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Once described as John Vinicombe as the next chairman of BHAFC, was the city whizzkid our very own version of Spencer Trethewy?

And what happened to him?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Any idea why it wasn't ?

He once told me that Greg Stanley was a 'likeable buffon who couldn't be trusted with his own money' and that David Belotti was, quote, a 'shithouse'

Probably indicates how it all panned out............

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Who is Spencer Trethewy?

False messiah who claimed he'd save Aldershot before they went bust and dropped out of the league. Was approximately 9 years old, with, unfortunately for Aldershot, about as much money as your average 9yo as well.

According to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source I know) he did two years of bird in the 90s for fraud.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
False messiah who claimed he'd save Aldershot before they went bust and dropped out of the league. Was approximately 9 years old, with, unfortunately for Aldershot, about as much money as your average 9yo as well.

18 wasn't he?

Just hung around for a year, said a lot, delivered nothing.

Sounds like the majority of this board really!

Didn't he promise millions for Aldershot at the start of the 1990s, but turned out to be hot air and they went bust..

Spencer Trethewy (born 1971) was the 19-year-old British "property developer" who saved Aldershot Football Club from closure in August 1990 with a £200,000 signed affidavit. He remained on the club's board as a director for just three months, and was voted off by the other directors after it transpired that he had failed to repay any of the money he had borrowed from other individuals in order to honour the affidavit. He was subsequently declared bankrupt.

In 1994, Trethewy was convicted of fraud and sentenced to two years in prison.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Thanks to Uncle Buck's reply in answer to my original question clearly Simon wasn't a Spencer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the bit about the UK learning a thing or two from US pensions blows his cover.

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
Simon Chamberlain was a mate of mine at Warden Park School, I used to go to quite a few footie matches with him and others, he certainly was a genuine Seagulls fan. A nice enough bloke, but just a dreamer really, not one you would expect to go too far in life. I couldnt believe it when his name cropped up in connection with the Albion.

I just googled Thinc Group, he is not there now, a new Cheif Exec was appointed in July 2007.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, there's your answer then - no place at the Albion for a Warden Pikey:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here