Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to Kurt Nogan?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
I think 'legend' is pushing it a bit far, but he did do well for as for a time. I remember him banging them in in front of us in the North Stand in my first full season. Good times! Any news on what he's up to these days?

I quoted legend due to the phenomenal scoring rate he had prior to his last 20 games.. 60 in 100 is right up there in the Zamora ratios...

Even his final total of 60 in 120 is something we'd murder for right now...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Nogs had about 10 games at the beginning of his spell with us without a single goal, and everyone was labelling him a failure. Then, in some game we won 3-2 at home, he charged down the keeper's long-distance clearance some 30 yards from goal. The glovey-handed fool clocked it right against Nogan's leaping body, the ball bounced back and trickled in, both players sprinting to stop it or confirm it's glory. Chance and the opposition's failure brought him luck and form. From that day on he became a professional goal machine.
I loved him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Played for Tiverton last season but packed in due to injury and I am sure that I read recently that he has started playing again for a Welsh League Club equivalent to our Rymans or County League.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Played for Tiverton last season but packed in due to injury and I am sure that I read recently that he has started playing again for a Welsh League Club equivalent to our Rymans or County League.

Was it maybe when you clicked on the link 4 posts above?

I remember when there were rumours Man City were lining up a 1million pound bid for Nogan.

Then he ended up going to Burnley later in the season for next to nothing. :nono:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
BensGrandad said:

They're Welsh Division One, its not QUITE as bad as county league. Not far off mind...

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I saw him come off the bench for Tiverton Town against Bedford about 2 seasons ago,

Was actually quite sad to see the former Albion lege only getting a few minutes in the Southern Premier Division.

Still had the same funny run, and had put a few pounds on - not sure where is now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here